Cameron what???

Hello. I’m not pregnant right now, but I do like to collect names and my boyfriend and I already discuss what we would name our future children. We are having issue with the boy, though. You see, he is more traditional, being that he would like to name our first boy after his father, [name]Carmine[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] (the second boy would be [name]Ethan[/name] [name]Jay[/name]), however, although I love his father and he is a great person, I’m kind of suspicious/skeptical about naming kids directly after someone else. I don’t know…it kind of feels like dictating the kid’s life before he is even born. I’d much rather give kids their very own names, or just use a family member’s name as their middle name.

I was thinking maybe talking to my boyfriend about a compromise. Instead of using [name]Carmine[/name], how about using another C name? The one I’m in love with right now is [name]Cameron[/name]. [name]How[/name] does [name]Cameron[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] sound?

Here’re my considerations:

[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] (keeping close to the original)
[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Archer[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Maddox[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name] [name]James[/name] (but reversed it’s the director [name]James[/name] [name]Cameron[/name])
[name]Cameron[/name] [name]John[/name] ([name]John[/name] is my boyfriend :] )
[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Thatcher[/name]

Any imput/suggestions? The names [name]Micheal[/name], [name]Anthony[/name], [name]Steven[/name], and [name]Nicholas[/name] are out as middle names. I’m open to any names, so any ideas would be appreciated :]

love [name]Cameron[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]! That would by far be my pick! I like [name]Cameron[/name] [name]James[/name], too, but I think the [name]James[/name] [name]Cameron[/name] thing might bother me if I were you. I only have a couple suggestions.

[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]

Ya know, I actually like [name]Cameron[/name] [name]Maddox[/name], too. An M name would be really nice, my favorite is [name]Maxfield[/name]. :slight_smile:

Wow!!! [name]Cameron[/name] [name]Maxfield[/name] is awesome!!! Yea, the [name]James[/name] [name]Cameron[/name] thing does irk me, but [name]Maxfield[/name] I love!!! I looked up the meaning of [name]Cameron[/name] last night and found out it means crooked nose…eh, the [name]James[/name] [name]Cameron[/name] thing bothers me more lol I just won’t tell our son what his name means until he’s much older ;]

[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Maxfield[/name]/[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Maddox[/name]

Thanks again! Time to go pester the boyfriend ;]

I’m glad you like [name]Maxfield[/name]! It’s one of my favorite middles!

Awww, my compromise would be [name]Carmine[/name] [name]Joseph[/name], flipped: [name]Joseph[/name] [name]Carmine[/name]. I dig [name]Carmine[/name] though, it’s a color name (a shade of red) and as such, would fit right in wth all those [name]Silver[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Green[/name], [name]Indigo[/name] kids out there but [name]Carmine[/name] has an added bonus, he’s a legitamate name in it’s own right. Not “just” a color. Aww, it’s make a stellar middle and I know I’d be pleased as punch to know I had my Grandpop’s first name as a middle! (If I were a boy, that is, as is, I have my Grandmother’s middle name as m middle name and I [name]LOVE[/name] that!)

And [name]Joseph[/name] is such a sweet, strong guy name (and how cute is [name]Joey[/name] on a little one?) Heck I know a big, sexy [name]Joey[/name] and wow, [name]Joey[/name] is definitely one that even a grown guy could carry off. But [name]Joe[/name] is awesome too. Oh well.

[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] is alright too.

Well, the thing about using [name]Carmine[/name] as a middle name is my boyfriend has three sisters, two of which just had babies (they both had a baby–one had a boy and the other a girl last year–then the one who had [name]Paige[/name] just had a boy in Sept) and both boys have their grandfather’s name as their middle which is [name]Carmine[/name]. The thing that upsets me is that is all sibling rivalry hit ridiculous, and I really don’t want to play into all that petty stuff. My boyfriend is bent on naming our first son after his dad because he feels it’s his right as the only boy in the family.

The first boy born two Aprils ago was named after both his nonnos (grandpas) [name]Salvatore[/name] [name]Carmine[/name]

The girl two months later was named [name]Paige[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

And the last boy was named [name]Jaimie[/name] [name]Carmine[/name]

I hate tradition…:[

[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Maxfield[/name] is fantastic! :slight_smile:

Aww, too bad. Then my vote will go for [name]Cameron[/name] [name]Maxfield[/name]. Very handsome in it’s own right (and I adore [name]Maxfield[/name], for [name]Maxfield[/name] [name]Parrish[/name], who made a few prints that might look grand hanging in the nursery, even).

ooo i’ll have to check him out =]

[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] is tops on my list (that’s if I ever lose my mind and have another baby…and I’d use it regardless of gender). [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] sounds very nice. Personally, I’d use [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] ([name_m]Robert[/name_m] is my dad :)).

Other random suggestions…(I can’t remember all the names on the out list so I apologize if I say any)

[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]

[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] is also top of our list if we ever have another son. I like [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] and [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u].