Cameron's Various Spellings

[name]Hi[/name] all! My name is [name]Ariel[/name] and my husband and I have four daughters and are expecting another in [name]April[/name]. We think we have decided on a name, but are still trying to decide which spelling we want to use.

We both love the name [name]Cameron[/name] for our baby girl, but with all the various spellings out there it is just so hard to decide which one to use. Here are the variations we have considered:

[name]Cameron[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Camryn[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Kamryn[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

I’m kind of leaning towards the original spelling ([name]Cameron[/name]), but the DH thinks that a y would make the name look more feminine. Everytime I think I’ve reached a decision, I change my mind again! One of the major problems I have with [name]Camryn[/name] or [name]Kamryn[/name] is the fact that the spelling is…well, made up. But I do have to agree that while [name]Cameron[/name] is unisex, [name]Camryn[/name] to me is undeniably feminine.

What do you guys think?

Here are the names of our other daughters, if that helps -

[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Annalise[/name]
[name]Rachel[/name] [name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Willow[/name] [name]Sara[/name]
[name]Avery[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]

1 Like

[name]Camryn[/name] is a Scottish and Irish name. Originally it was a boy’s name but from the mid 1990’s it came into prominence as a girl’s name.

I think that [name]Camryn[/name] definitely indicates that the child is a female while I think that the traditional spelling of [name]Cameron[/name] is still fully for the boys.

Therefore I believe that the name should be spelt [name]Camryn[/name] if you are having a daughter.

I’m all about [name]Cameron[/name]. Everything else looks trendy…

Although I don’t really like that you are using [name]Cameron[/name] for a girl, please use the original, proper spelling. The others look silly and tryynndee. I also don’t really think that [name]Cameron[/name] goes with your other daughters’ names, as most of those are quite feminine.

I say [name]Cameron[/name] because it is the traditional spelling. It gets annoying having to spell your name out for people all the time.

[name]Hi[/name]! I third (or fourth?) the [name]Cameron[/name] spelling, and agree that the other variations look very trendy.

Good luck! :slight_smile: