Camilla or perhaps Kamila?

For years I’ve loved the name [name]Camilla[/name]. Now I’m pregnant and considering [name]Kamila[/name] as well. My partner is on the fence. Your thoughts please?

I also like:

[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Karina[/name]

(All kind of different)

[name]Camilla[/name] is a great name with nice nickname options. I prefer the spelling [name]Camilla[/name]. I would pronounce [name]Kamila[/name] differently. I like both [name]Annabel[/name] and [name]Karina[/name] (or [name]Carina[/name]), but am not fond of [name]Hadley[/name].

I think [name]Camilla[/name] is beautiful, and the C spelling seems softer than the k.

To me, it would indicate that they are pronounced differently. I’ve known a [name]Camila[/name] and a [name]Kamilah[/name], and it seems like people pick the spellings with one “l” to give the sound ka-MEE-la rather than ka-MILL-la. That might not always be the case, but I personally would pronounce them differently. That being said, I think C’s nearly always look more appealing on paper. The letter K, for whatever reason, strikes me as a not-very-classy letter. I think it may be all the K-substitutions for c’s that people make.

I prefer the [name]Camilla[/name] spelling personally. It just looks more classic. If you’d prefer the K initial, I would go with [name]Karina[/name]. [name]Hadley[/name] is cute, but I like [name]Camilla[/name] and [name]Karina[/name] better.

So [name]Camilla[/name] is the favorite. Often it’s best to go with our first instinct.