Campbell etc

what do we think of Campbell?

and which spelling do you prefer, Campbell or Cambell?

i feel like Cambell looks incomplete but even though i know the p’s silent, my brain still always pronounces Campbell, as Camp-Bell. so i’m a little torn

This is exactly the same for me!! I prefer the look of Campbell more and but in my head it’s always camp-bell, but if that’s something that won’t annoy you much I think it’s not a big deal.
Campbell / Cambell is an established, stylish name but not super common in my opinion, it’s nms but I still think it is a good choice

Definitely Campbell! Looks so nice, very cute name.

1 Like

[name_u]Campbell[/name_u] is pretty cool-surnamey, strong but soft.

I have a cousin with this name and I adore it !! It was his grandmother’s maiden name and such a sweet sentiment.
Definitely prefer the [name_u]Campbell[/name_u] spelling

I pronounce [name_u]Campbell[/name_u] like Camp-ull and I’ve known people with this last name that pronounced it that way as well, so maybe if you know you strictly want the Cam-bull pronunciation then [name_m]Cambell[/name_m] without the P is the best route

[name_f]My[/name_f] brain does the same thing as yours but I’d still go with [name_u]Campbell[/name_u]. [name_u]Campbell[/name_u] is a reasonably common surname where I live, so [name_m]Cambell[/name_m] looks misspelled to me.

[name_u]Campbell[/name_u] is cool, I like it! I definitely prefer [name_u]Campbell[/name_u], though [name_m]Cambell[/name_m] may be more intuitive it doesn’t look right to me.

I get a soup image every single time :woman_shrugging:t2: