Can anyone think of a cute nickname for Cerberus?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

I donā€™t know this name but maybe [name_m]Russ[/name_m]? Iā€™m not sure how itā€™s pronounced. If you share the pronunciation and if itā€™s unisex or for a boy or girl that may help people suggest ideas! :slight_smile:

Okay the fact that youā€™re naming a character Cerberus is absolutely incredible and Iā€™m mad Iā€™ve never been smart enough to do that :joy:. If you plan on pronouncing it with a k sound at the beginning, maybe [name_m]Kerby[/name_m]?

i like kittylitterā€™s suggestion of [name_m]Russ[/name_m]! i also like [name_u]Berry[/name_u] & Cerbie!

In latin we pronounced it with a hard C so if you pronounce it like that, Care? Care [name_m]Bear[/name_m] :laughing: But if you pronounce it with a soft Cā€¦ Seconding [name_m]Russ[/name_m] and [name_u]Berry[/name_u]

[name_u]Kirby[/name_u]
[name_u]Berry[/name_u]

If you are pronouncing Cerberus with a -k:
[name_u]Kerry[/name_u]
[name_m]Koby[/name_m]
[name_m]Kobus[/name_m]
[name_m]Ky[/name_m]
[name_m]Cab[/name_m]
[name_m]Corbie[/name_m]
[name_f]Cambrie[/name_f] or [name_u]Camby[/name_u]
[name_f]Keris[/name_f]

If you are pronouncing Cerberus with a s sound:
See
Cerrus (if itā€™s not too long)
Seree
Serby
[name_f]Siri[/name_f]
[name_m]Seb[/name_m]
[name_m]Cy[/name_m]
[name_m]Sir[/name_m]

Maybe Brus (pn. broos), [name_m]Erby[/name_m] or Irbie (pn. eer-bie).
I think [name_m]Bear[/name_m] and [name_u]Berry[/name_u] are also good options.

If youā€™re pronouncing it with a soft C, I really like Cer or Cerby/Cerbie.

Thereā€™s a Japanese anime with a (lion) character named Cerberus ā€“ in Japanese itā€™s pronounced ā€œKeroberusuā€ ā€“ and his nickname is ā€œKeroā€ (ā€˜ribbitā€™ in Japanese). Iā€™ve always thought that was super cute.

But I also like [name_m]Russ[/name_m], [name_m]Bear[/name_m], [name_u]Berry[/name_u], or [name_u]Kirby[/name_u] if youā€™re doing a hard C.

Does anyone know how @aspareaccount is pronouncing Cerberus?

Spot. If you know you know.

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks a lot for all the great suggestions everyone! I was going to pronounce it with a C but I like K too! This gives me a lot to think about. Thanks again!