Can Finn stand alone?

Can [name]Finn[/name] stand alone with out something more substantial? I love the name [name]Finn[/name] but I don”t really care for any of the longer names that would give the nickname [name]Finn[/name]. I do like [name]Finley[/name] but I think it looks too feminine. WDYT?

Ya know, I do think [name]Finn[/name] can stand alone. I don’t really care for any of the longer forms, either, but I think [name]Finn[/name] is adorable. Oh, have you considered [name]Griffin[/name]? It’s a totally different feel for me than all the other [name]Fin[/name]- names. But yes, I think it can stand alone. Personally I would prefer to have something longer to fall back on, not that I don’t think it would look substantial enough on college applications and what not, but it is fun to have a longer name to say. That is just my personal preference though. I think it’s really just your opinion that matters. It’s not like naming your son [name]Bobby[/name], [name]Frankie[/name], [name]Johnnie[/name], [name]Freddy[/name], etc.

I really love [name]Griffin[/name] nn [name]Finn[/name]. But of course my husband would hate [name]Finn[/name], [name]Griffin[/name], and all the other longer forms of [name]Finn[/name]. He is a dull namer but a wonderful cook!

I actually only know of Finns that are [name]Finn[/name] without a longer name. It is really popular in Australia to just name your son [name]Finn[/name] on its own.

It’s also popular to have just [name]Ben[/name] or [name]Sam[/name] without the longer names.

[name]Finn[/name] has been my favourite for a while now. Perfect name!

I like it, but it can be short for so many things: [name]Phineas[/name] (I think that’s what [name]Julia[/name] [name]Roberts[/name]'s son goes by–"[name]Finn[/name]") and also [name]Finnian[/name], [name]Finnigan[/name].

I love [name]Finn[/name]. It’s so cute!!

I love the name [name]Finn[/name], think it is good strong name and it is quite popular here ([name]Ireland[/name]) as a stand alone name.

I think that [name]Finn[/name] can work by itself (although personally I’d probably use a longer name to get it as a nickname if I were to use it myself).

[name]Finn[/name] can and SHOULD stand alone! It’s the original and complete name of the greatest hero of Irish mythology, [name]Finn[/name] McCool, and needs no embellishment. All this [name]Finnegan[/name], [name]Finley[/name] stuff is just gilding the lily!