Can’t decide between 2!

Both are beautiful, classic names. I think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] gets my vote though.

I definitely think this is one of those situations where if you go with [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] you’ll start meeting little [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]’s everywhere. That’s not to say you shouldn’t go for it if it’s the name you love, it’s popular for a reason and is definitely timeless and ages well. I know many Charlottes under the age of 5, personally. What about [name_u]Coco[/name_u] for a nickname for [name_f]Cora[/name_f] (or either, really)?

I LOVE [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], and I love [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] as nicknames. [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is in my top 3 for girls, definitely, but it is incredibly popular.

I’m a big fan of [name_f]Cora[/name_f] as well. [name_f]My[/name_f] top name for girls is [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], for which [name_f]Cora[/name_f] works as a nickname.

[name_m]Alas[/name_m], I’ve had two boys. I hope you’ll go with either!

I love them both, but I personally like [name_f]Cora[/name_f] best. Part of that is because I love the nicknames [name_u]Corrie[/name_u] and [name_u]Coco[/name_u]. I used to love [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] but there are 3 Charlies in my 2 yo’s class.

[name_f]Cora[/name_f] for me.

As other people have said, I don’t know too many Charlottes personally but that’s because they’re all babies and most of my friends/cousins haven’t started having babies yet! However, once your little one starts school, that’s when you really notice the names that were popular the year they were born. As a school teacher myself you only have to glance over the year roll to pick out the popular names of the year the kids were born.

What about [name_u]Corrie[/name_u] or [name_u]Coco[/name_u] as a nickname for [name_f]Cora[/name_f]? You could also have a nn that takes elements from the first and middle name? For example, a girl called [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] could use the nn [name_f]Thea[/name_f] that combines The of [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f] and A from A.

1 Like