Can we use Eliza?

See the results of this poll: Is Eliza usable considering sibling names?

Respondents: 57 (This poll is closed)

• Yes, do it… Lovely choice :slight_smile: : 53 (93%)
  • No, maybe use ____ instead…: 4 (7%)

[name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. I think they sound very nice together :slight_smile:

I see nothing wrong with [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]. I do not worry about similar sounds. Many families have members sharing the same sounds. I have never heard anyone bring up issues about it except on baby name forums. I have also never heard a person outside of baby name forums making any positive comment on a family with no shared sounds. Choose the names you love and adore.

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] make a lovely sib set :slight_smile:
Go for it

Yay! Feeling good based on these votes. [name_m]Will[/name_m] still likely wait to decide until birth but really want it on the short short list!! Thank you guys!

I actually think [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] sound nice together. Yes there are similarities but it’s not overkill at all. I like [name_f]Lila[/name_f] too but I think that [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] sounds great with your other kids’ names. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps :slight_smile:

It’s way too similar for me, I like my kid’s names to be distinct for the usual sorts of reasons. However, that is just my personal naming philosophy and it isn’t for everyone. I don’t think most people would think anything of it so if you like it don’t be afraid to use it! It’s a lovely name.

I like the name [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], but for me the names [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] clash way too much. They just don’t sound nice together to me. I also have this thing about siblings names starting with either all the same letters or all different letters. But thats just me. If it would me I would try to avoid another long “i” sound in a name.

No, I totally get it- and I’m usually of the same school of thought but we are having an extremely difficult time this go around so trying to open my options a bit.

I still would like something more different but I guess want some reassurance in the case that we don’t… This name is one we both like- hopefully will find some more!!

If anyone has suggestions please include them!

I love the names together. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] are both on my list!

I say use [name_f]Eliza[/name_f]! It’s a lovely name and sounds similar to [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] without being overly matchy

[name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] sound lovely together and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] brings [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] together and makes them all work. Not an overkill at all, although I must say [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is my favourite of the two. :wink:

I’ve found that now that I have kids, I increasingly am drawn to names that sound similar to their names. It’s pretty common. If you would like to find a name that is different this is what I’d suggest; sit down with a name book and go through it (not one of those gigantic ones though) and make a list of 10 names you like that don’t start with I or E. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t worry about popularity or any other restrictions you might have just yet. Then think on those names for awhile, try one out for a day, make sibset lists and name combos. Working over the names could help you warm up to something different.

Otherwise, names I think might work for you: [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]/[name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Anna[/name_f]/[name_f]Anne[/name_f], [name_f]Luna[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f]/[name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]/[name_f]Sophia[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f], [name_f]Hailey[/name_f], [name_u]Reagan[/name_u], [name_u]Haven[/name_u], [name_f]Jade[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_f]Willow[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], [name_f]Chloe[/name_f], [name_f]Zoe[/name_f].

I am confused. You posted twice in this thread with two different views.

[name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] are absolutely lovely together. I love vowelly combos.

No, I didn’t. I think [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is fine, but the op later made a second post saying she would like a name that is different, but is having trouble finding anything else and asked for suggestions.

I should say also to the op, [name_f]Lila[/name_f] is also a lovely name and it is different so if you can convince yourself that you like it nearly as much as [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] you are pretty set. There’s no harm in trying to find something else and starting over can help sometimes, to gain new perspective, as can taking a break.

[name_m]Reading[/name_m] your quotes, it sure sounds like you gave two different views. Your first post stated you thought the names were “way too similar for me, I like my kid’s names to be distinct for the usual sorts…”. In your second post you stated that “I’ve found that now that I have kids, I increasingly am drawn to names that sound similar …”. That to me sounds like two different views, within a day of each other. People’s views can change but in a day …

Thank you all, great feedback!! I feel like it is a top contender and totally worth keeping on the list without worrying too much about the shared sounds. We are working on a few more and I’ll have more polls going again soon but I know now that [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] will be on them :slight_smile:

[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is very pretty and I would t worry about similar sounds, it doesn’t seem too overkill… Have you considered [name_f]Alyse[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Audra[/name_f] or [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f]? Same ‘uh’ beginning without the strong ‘I’ sound…