Can you hyphenate 2 names?

I know in the past there were some [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Ann[/name]'s and [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Kate[/name]'s etc.
If I like 3 names, can I hypenate the first 2 so the 3rd name is officially the middle name?

For example:

[name]Ava[/name]-[name]Katharine[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]

nn [name]Ava[/name]-[name]Kate[/name]

Does this work in today’s world?
I love the name [name]Ava[/name] and I hate that it’s so popular. I don’t want to give up a name that I love just because of popularity. Could combining it with my 2nd favorite way-too-popular name [name]Kate[/name] to make it stand out in the crowd of [name]Ava[/name]'s???

If you’d like to use a hyphen I don’t see any reason while you couldn’t, but I personally don’t think it’s necessary. I think that [name]Ava[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] (What a gorgeous combo!) could easily go by [name]Ava[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Ava[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

(I just want to mention that with [name]Ava[/name] [name]Kate[/name], the repetitive long A sounds in both names really stand out.)

If you’re too concerned about the popularity, have you thought about [name]Aveline[/name] [name]Kate[/name]? (You could still call her [name]Ava[/name], but if there were too many Avas in her class, she could have the [name]Aveline[/name] option, too.)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Yes, I think it can work, and I love the names you have chosen!