Candy

Who else has been watching the popular Hulu mini series that’s been airing this week, Candy?!

Since watching it I keep thinking about [name_f]Candace[/name_f] / [name_f]Candy[/name_f] and it’s kind of growing on me. What do you guys think? Too dated? Too cutesy? Too wordy? [name_u]Or[/name_u] is it fun and bright?

It’s dated, but also kind of fun! It has a nice sound, and it’s in kind of an interesting category where it’s a well-known first name that also sounds kind of surnamey.

If I had a family member I wanted to honor named [name_f]Candace[/name_f], I would totally stick it in the middle spot.

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Candy[/name_f]!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Candy[/name_f] works! I don’t like [name_f]Candace[/name_f] as much, but it’s a safer longer name. [name_f]My[/name_f] aunt is a [name_f]Candelaria[/name_f], and I think that could work in [name_f]English[/name_f] as well.

1 Like

I read a book with a [name_f]Candace[/name_f] in it and it did grow on me. I don’t mind it and would like to meet one

1 Like

I love [name_f]Candy[/name_f]! So sweet, lol! I would, however give it a full name like [name_f]Candace[/name_f] or [name_f]Candela[/name_f]

1 Like

I kind of like it :sweat_smile: I know a few grown women with the name who all seem to wear it just fine, but it’s one of those names that has an unfortunate reputation where I live for some reason :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

It’s not my thing, but Candy works as a nickname.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Candace[/name_f] works just fine but [name_f]Candy[/name_f] feels like one of those names that may be better left in the past just because of the implications it has when bestowed on a woman.

1 Like

[name_f]Candace[/name_f] brings to mind all the alternate spellings of the 80s (Kandyce, [name_f]Kandice[/name_f], etc), which has kind of ruined it for me but I do like the original spelling. [name_f]Candy[/name_f] is a no for me, but maybe [name_f]Caddie[/name_f] as a nickname?

1 Like

I really like [name_f]Candy[/name_f] as a nickname but maybe not for [name_f]Candace[/name_f].
It would be super cute for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], or really any C name.

1 Like