Can't decide between two variations.. help!

My partner and I like two variations of a name. I like [name_m]Oswin[/name_m]. He created his own variation: Oslin. He likes Oslin more and I like it, too. But… I like [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] more lol.

I could only find evidence of “Oslin” being a surname. I couldn’t find any evidence of it being a first name.

So, my question is: WDYT of Oslin? oz - lin for a boy?

We also have already hashed out similar Os- names, and [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] and Oslin are our two favs.

Thanks!

I prefer [name_m]Oswin[/name_m]. Oslin sounds too close to a girl’s name for me with “[name_u]Lynn[/name_u]” sounding ending.

I have to agree, I prefer [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] as well, with [name_m]Oz[/name_m] or [name_u]Winn[/name_u] being lovely nicknames. Oslin oddly reminds me of the [name_m]Olsen[/name_m] Twins.

I agree with @em.estelle, Oslin simply sounds too feminine. It is a nice creative name though. I would go with [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] for familiarity, ease and masculinity.

Please for the love of god dont name your kid this retarded shit

I can see the appeal in Oslin but think it might cause problems to have a made-up name that’s so close to an established name like [name_m]Oswin[/name_m]. People may misunderstand and call him [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] anyway.
I also see the [name_u]Lynn[/name_u]-issue @em.estelle mentioned. Oslin might get spelled Oslynn and/or taken for a girl’s name. (As I see it “-in” is a very unisex ending for a name, but -lynn is almost certainly girl, especially in new combinations like [name_f]Gracelynn[/name_f] or, well, Oslynn.)

Go with [name_m]Oswin[/name_m], it’s a good name :slight_smile:

Disgusting, uncalled for comment.
I have reported it I suggest others do too

Please dont pay attention to this! :slight_smile:

I kind of like Oslin. It has a modern intriguing feel to it while also sounding classic and surnamey. [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] is good too and probably the easier choice.

I think [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] is adorable. I can definitely see where the others are coming from with the -lyn comments. It does sound a bit feminine. However, with girls being named [name_u]James[/name_u] & [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]… anything goes at this point and if you end up preferring Oslin I say go for it.

I prefer [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] for the reason stated above. But I don’t think Olsin is terrible either. Does does have some appeal.

I like oswin more it sounds for masculine to me.

Oslin is so cool, I absolutely love it! I would pronounce it same as you, oz-lin. [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] is okay too, but I do prefer Oslin.

I love [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] and the potential nicknames of [name_m]Oz[/name_m]/[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] or [name_u]Win[/name_u]/[name_f]Winny[/name_f].

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name Oslin, and that you created it uniquely yourselves. It does read very slightly feminine to me, but could still work very well I feel.

Oslin reminds me of the girl’s name Azlynn, and in general I prefer established names, so I prefer [name_m]Oswin[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Oswin[/name_m] because it can be shortened to [name_u]Win[/name_u] or [name_f]Winnie[/name_f]! I think Oslin is usable but it would make your lives harder in the sense that maybe people would mishear it as [name_m]Oswin[/name_m], you would probably have spell it out all the time as it’s an unknown name and it limits the nickname options to [name_m]Oz[/name_m]/[name_m]Ozzy[/name_m]. But the most important thing is to go with the name you love the most!