Can't Login on Desktop

I’m sorry to hear this @Carys1. This seems to be an issue on and off ever since the launch. [name_m]Can[/name_m] I ask what browser you’re using? And have you tried a private/incognito window?

@katinka I’m using Chrome on my laptop. I’ve just tried an incognito window and I’m able to log in to the main site and the forums

1 Like

I’ve had some problems with logging in as well. I’m on my laptop using a incognito google chrome tab.

1 Like

@Carys1 have you got any add-ons/extensions installed? If it’s working in incognito it may be a plugin conflict.

@Johannaa what happens when you try to log in? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you get an error message? Is this the main site or forums or both?

@katinka the only thing is an adblock, which could be the issue because it does like to cause problems sometimes. I’ll disable it and try logging in to see if it makes a difference

1 Like

@katinka I can log in when adblock is disabled but the page becomes over run with ads which is not ideal

I’m afraid that it does seem that the adblocker is the cause of this issue in your case, which is not something we can really do anything to change. You could try using a different adblocker; they don’t always affect functionality in the same way.

1 Like

I got an error message on the forums

@Johannaa

I’ve tried this myself on Chrome and Chrome Incognito and it works for me, so I’m guessing there’s something to do with your browser settings which is interfering here.

You could try clearing your cookies and cache as a first step. I also found this article about this very problem, which may contain some helpful tips :point_down:

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I know this topic is old but I can’t seem to log in on my computer. Whenever I type in my username and password, it just takes me back to the log in page with my username and password so I have to click the “log in” button a thousand times just for it to not work. [name_m]Can[/name_m] anyone help me with this issue?

Sorry you’re having this issue! Try clearing cookies and cache, you should find instructions for how to do this on your particular browser online. Let me know if that helps.

I’ve tried it but the problems still there…

Is your browser up to date? Have you tried a different browser or private browsing mode?

On my phone I use [name_u]Safari[/name_u] and on the laptop my family uses I use Google and they both work just fine. I use Google on my laptop and thats the only one that doesn’t seem to be working.

Also, I’ve managed to log in on the main page.

If it’s working on the same browser on a different device, it sounds like there’s something going on with your browser that could be interfering with it. Do you run any extensions? An ad-blocker or anything? If so, try disabling those, rebooting your browser and trying again.

Is it the forums specifically you can’t log in to?

Yes, just the forums

1 Like

I can’t think of anything else to try besides cookies, incognito/private mode and disabling extensions. I’ll ask our tech team!

1 Like