can't pick between 2 names

what to name our daughter…

[name]Fable[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
or
[name]Petal[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name]

thoughts? opinions? help :slight_smile:

Of the two I prefer [name]Petal[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name], I think it’s beautiful and quite unusual, the perfect combination! Although to me, the flow is a little off… [name]How[/name] does it sound with your last name? The other thing to think about is if it will age well. [name]Petal[/name] is gorgeous on a little girl but I’m not sure how [name]Judge[/name] [name]Petal[/name] or [name]Doctor[/name] [name]Petal[/name] sounds, that’s just my opinion.

Some other ideas:

[name]Petal[/name]:

[name]Poppy[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Lilac[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Orchid[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Tulip[/name]

[name]Gwyneth[/name]:

[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name]
[name]Olwyn[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Seren[/name]

[name]Fable[/name]:

[name]Phoenix[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Winter[/name]
[name]Autumn[/name]
[name]Dawn[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Blossom[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Melody[/name]
[name]Meadow[/name]
[name]Ocean[/name]
[name]Rainey[/name]
[name]Echo[/name]
[name]Lyric[/name]
[name]Story[/name]
[name]Harmony[/name]

[name]Rose[/name]:

[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Anne[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Mae[/name]
[name]Hope[/name]
[name]Kate[/name]
[name]Faith[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that was helpful! Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

both are nice. I like [name]Gable[/name] more than [name]Fable[/name].

I would go with [name]Fable[/name] [name]Rose[/name], personally. [name]Rose[/name] is extremely popular as a middle name, but the whole name flows wonderfully, and just sounds so beauitful and gentle. I also think that [name]Petal[/name] could be quite cutesy - it sounds very much like a term of endearment, whereas while [name]Fable[/name] is also a word, I think that it makes the transition to a grown-up name better. I love the middle [name]Gwyneth[/name], though.

You may be interested in the Botanical Names thread on her - just pop it in the search bar and it should come up; there are lots of unusual possible alternatives to [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Petal[/name] on there (but I do like [name]Rose[/name], despite it’s popularity in the middle - I am probably biased, as my DD is [name]Ambrosia[/name] nn [name]Rosie[/name]!).

Good luck!

[name]Petal[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name] but [name]Petula[/name] [name]Gwyneth[/name] would flow better.

I agree wholeheartedly with twinkle! [name]Fable[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is beautiful and gets my vote! :slight_smile:
Good luck!

I agree wholeheartedly with twinkle! [name]Fable[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is beautiful and gets my vote! :slight_smile:
Good luck![/quote]

Ditto! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I would turn them over [name]Rose[/name] [name]Fable[/name] and [name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Petal[/name] are lovely! I tend to like the more unusual in the middle.

On having a second look I like the suggestion of [name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Petal[/name]. I find [name]Fable[/name] a little too way out for my tastes and I think of a story when I hear it and a lot of people will not realise [name]Fable[/name] is a daughter.

My favorite is [name]Fable[/name] [name]Rose[/name].

I love the name [name]Fable[/name], gorgeous and unused. [name]Rose[/name] is too common for my personal taste, but ignoring that it is a lovely, timeless middle name. [name]Fable[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is lovely!

[name]Fable[/name] [name]Rose[/name] by a mile! I love [name]Fable[/name], and I think using the most popular middle name [name]Rose[/name] is a good idea to balance it. [name]Fable[/name] is very unusual, yes, but it is so similar to both [name]Faye[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name] that to me it doesn’t feel too out there. Have you seen the Girls Gone Child blog about why she named her daughter [name]Fable[/name]? It’s really beautiful, you should check it out.

[name]Petal[/name] is just too cutesy for me. I would feel really uncomfortable introducing myself as [name]Petal[/name].

[name]Fable[/name] [name]Rose[/name], sweet, unique and interesting! I don’t like the name [name]Petal[/name] at all (sorry) it’s a little too sugary and helplessly “girly”. [name]Fable[/name] is new to me, it sounds intriguing and feminine without the sugar. Congratulations!

I love [name]Petal[/name], but there was something about it that just couldn’t make me love-love it. You put it just right! it is helplessly girly.
thank you!
my minds made up, i just needed the encouragment.

and also, yes, we try to do a unique word-name for our kids first name, and a very regular middle name for them to fall back on, and “even it out”
Thanks!

Hooray! I’m glad you chose [name]Fable[/name] – I think I’ve fallen in love with it a little bit! :slight_smile:

The over-all combo I like best is [name]Fable[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. It is lovely and flowy, and [name]Fable[/name] is one of my favorite word names, even though [name]Rose[/name], though pretty, is often used as a mn. I also really like [name]Gwyneth[/name], but [name]Petal[/name] seems…a little anti-feminist to me. I can’t help but think that if you pick a petal it immediately bruises. [name]Gwyneth[/name], however, is just beautiful. Maybe [name]Gwyneth[/name] [name]Fable[/name]? I like it.(: