can't seem to agree!

hi, i’m new on the boards here. we’re ttc, and have tossed around some name ideas. my tastes and my husbands taste seem to be a little different!

*last name is Low

Husband’s list: says he likes strong, masculine names-
[name]Luke[/name] (I like this but think we need a longer first name)
[name]Benjamin[/name] “[name]Ben[/name]” (I like [name]Ben[/name] but not [name]Benjamin[/name])
[name]Noah[/name] (don’t think it goes with last name)
[name]Owen[/name] (don’t think it goes with last name)
[name]Kevin[/name] (just don’t like this one)

My list:
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name] (husband doesn’t like [name]Joe[/name] so he’s ruled this one out)
[name]Lucas[/name] (husband likes [name]Luke[/name] instead but I think it’s too short)
[name]Oliver[/name] (husband doesn’t like “[name]Ollie[/name]” so he’s ruled this one out)
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name] “[name]Sam[/name]”

What do you think of these. Keeping in mind both our tastes, what would you recommend with our last name?

I like [name]Ethan[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] Low the best from the mix of names you put out there.

Also, [name]Luke[/name] Low doesn’t sound right. [name]Lucas[/name] Low sounds better, but still a little too much for me.

Congrats and good luck!!! :slight_smile:

Going off your list I would suggest:

[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]William[/name]
[name]Levi[/name]
[name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]/[name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name]

If you like [name]Ben[/name], but not [name]Benjamin[/name], you could always use the name [name]Bennett[/name]. [name]Bennet[/name] Low sounds great!

There are also names like [name]Benning[/name], [name]Benoit[/name] (french), [name]Bennington[/name] (a little much!), [name]Benji[/name], [name]Benson[/name] (this is cute!), [name]Bentley[/name], and [name]Benton[/name], [name]Corben[/name], [name]Ruben[/name], [name]Roben[/name]/[name]Robin[/name], and Sayben.

[name]Hope[/name] this helps!

[name]Don[/name]'t do any Bens – [name]Hi[/name], I am [name]Ben[/name] Low. It sounds a little sad. The double L’s sound a little sing songy, but I wouldn’t be totally opposed.

My vote is [name]Ethan[/name], [name]Samuel[/name], [name]Isaac[/name], & [name]Owen[/name].

I understand your dilemma - I too have a three-letter last name, and its hard to match boys names! My first baby is a girl, so didn’t end up having to go with my boys’ choice, but it was going to be [name]Evan[/name]. I think if I end up having a boy next time, I would go with [name]Ethan[/name] - I think its a great name.

With a three-letter last name, I really like boys names that are going to remain as two-syllable names, as opposed to something like [name]Benjamin[/name] that will be shortened to [name]Ben[/name], or similar.

So, I vote [name]Ethan[/name] for you! Good luck! :slight_smile: