Capathia

My mom came across it in an article, but I can’t find it anywhere. Does anyone have any info? Thanks!

http://www.capathiajenkins.com/About.html

Capathia [name]Jenkins[/name] came up in a google search. She is a Broadway actress/vocalist.

Google also wants to know if I mean Carpathia: as in the Carpathian Mountains, Carpathian Mountains - Wikipedia
“The Carpathian Mountains or Carpathians are a range of mountains forming an arc roughly 1,500 km (932 mi) long across Central and Eastern Europe, making them the largest mountain range in Europe.”

Or the RMS Carpathia, RMS Carpathia - Wikipedia
“RMS Carpathia was a Cunard [name]Line[/name] transatlantic passenger steamship built by Swan [name]Hunter[/name] & Wigham [name]Richardson[/name]. Carpathia began her maiden voyage in 1903 and became famous for rescuing the survivors of RMS Titanic after she hit an iceberg and sank on 15 [name]April[/name] 1912. Carpathia herself was sunk in the Atlantic on 17 [name]July[/name] 1918 during the First World War by a [name]German[/name] U-boat.”

Capathia seems like a creative take on the name of the ship more probably than the mountains. Had it not played a part rescuing survivors from the Titanic, I don’t know if too many people would have heard of it, and even now, not sure if too many people keep that detail handy unless they are exceptionally knowledgeable about all things Titanic.

I, the ignorant American, have never heard of the Carpathian Mountains until now, but that doesn’t mean nobody else has - an unusual choice for a Place Name - but someone could really dig the sound, and then a lot of people are aware of neither reference (until I looked it up, I had no idea).

In the way that you could name a daughter [name]Paris[/name] even if you never went there, just on wishes and delightful imagery alone, it would still be an obvious reference, as opposed to Capathia or Carpathia. It sort of reminds me of Westphalia and Patagonia, except fewer people probably have heard of it, at least outside of Europe. I had to look up Westphalia and it’s in Germany, and Patagonia is in South [name]America[/name] ([name]Argentina[/name] and Chile). It is also a brand of outdoor gear. I’m not sure most people know where those places are either, but they sound more familiar, and like places. Capathia would be a complete mystery to a lot of people. These are interesting place names you could find in an atlas without knowing what they are and just like the way they sound for a name.

Anyway, that’s what the internet tells me. If your mom was reading an article, it makes the most sense it’s probably the famous Capathia [name]Jenkins[/name] (whom I’ve also never heard of until now). Maybe I need to read more.

The first thing I thought of was the Carpathia, the ship that rescued Titanic survivors. I’ve never heard of Capathia before.