Carole

I’m looking for variants or unique ways to honor a [name_f]Carole[/name_f]? I’m not the biggest fan of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], mostly because I find the nicknames boring. If you have a fun nickname for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], please share!

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Some of these may be a stretch but for [name_f]Carole[/name_f]—

Caro
[name_f]Carly[/name_f]
[name_f]Carla[/name_f]
[name_f]Carissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f]
[name_f]Carleen[/name_f] / [name_f]Carlene[/name_f]
[name_f]Carlotta[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlene[/name_f]

As for nicknames for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]—

Lina
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Carlie[/name_f]
Roli
[name_u]Ari[/name_u]
[name_u]Ollie[/name_u]
[name_f]Collie[/name_f]
[name_f]Callie[/name_f]

1 Like

Since a [name_f]Carol[/name_f] is a type of song, you could go with another musical name such as [name_f]Aria[/name_f] or [name_f]Melody[/name_f].
Other suggestions from my list (as I have a family member called [name_f]Carol[/name_f]) are [name_f]Cora[/name_f] or [name_f]Coral[/name_f].

3 Likes

Caroline could have the nn [name_f]Callie[/name_f], [name_u]Caro[/name_u], [name_f]Lina[/name_f], [name_m]Aro[/name_m], [name_u]Coco[/name_u]

Charlotte has the same meaning as [name_f]Carole[/name_f]

1 Like

Coraline!

Caddie is an old fashioned nickname for [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] ([name_f]Caddie[/name_f] Woodlawn is a children’s book character)

My names pretty close to [name_f]Caroline[/name_f], just one letter difference and my nicknames are all of these so hope they’re helpful somehow:

Car
[name_u]Caro[/name_u]
Caz
[name_f]Cari[/name_f] (car-ee)
Roli
[name_f]Ro[/name_f]
[name_f]Lina[/name_f] (my least favourite tbh)
[name_u]Li[/name_u] ([name_u]Lee[/name_u])
[name_m]Carito[/name_m]
Carolita
[name_f]Lita[/name_f]
Ritu

I think [name_f]Cora[/name_f] would be cute

Noelle like a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] [name_f]Carole[/name_f]! :christmas_tree:

I love [name_f]Cady[/name_f] as a nn for [name_f]Carol[/name_f] or [name_f]Caroline[/name_f].

Carolina
[name_u]Carling[/name_u]
[name_f]Carla[/name_f]
[name_f]Carly[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotta[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolee[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolyn[/name_f]
[name_u]Caro[/name_u]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]

Carole is a derivative of [name_m]Charles[/name_m], meaning “free man”. [name_u]Francis[/name_u] also means “free man”, which means all its derivatives have the same meaning as [name_f]Carole[/name_f], e.g. [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]. (I know this because my mum’s name is [name_f]Carole[/name_f] and I was looking for ways to honour her a while back!)

Another one I like that I don’t think has been mentioned yet is [name_f]Elora[/name_f], which is almost [name_f]Carole[/name_f] backwards. It’s what I chose as my own middle for this reason!

this might be a bit of a stretch but in terms of sharing letters and sounds maybe [name_f]Orla[/name_f]?

1 Like

Caro
[name_f]Coral[/name_f]
[name_f]Carolina[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Carrie[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]

I don’t think [name_f]Lola[/name_f]’s been mentioned yet! The Polish nickname for [name_u]Karol[/name_u] (m) is Lolek, so [name_f]Lola[/name_f] feels like a feminine equivalent.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I should mention that pronounce [name_f]Caroline[/name_f] as [name_u]Caro[/name_u]-line not [name_u]Caro[/name_u]-lyn. I do like [name_f]Lena[/name_f] or [name_f]Lina[/name_f] but it just doesn’t connect to the original sound of [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]. For those who have suggested [name_u]Caro[/name_u], it’s kind of funny because the [name_f]Carole[/name_f] I’m honoring loves [name_u]Karo[/name_u] syrup on her famous pancakes and so do I!

I like the idea of the meaning “free man” which leads to [name_u]Francis[/name_u] nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. I would use [name_f]Coral[/name_f] but I would really like to have the same letters in her name and that would be just [name_f]Carol[/name_f]…

Finally, I really like the musical ideas! [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] carols like [name_f]Noelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]. I looked up other musical names and saw [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] and never really thought about the name. It has the nickname [name_f]Mave[/name_f] which is interesting cause I love [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] as name. It means songbird and is popular around where I live.

What do you all think about [name_f]Mavis[/name_f] and [name_u]Francis[/name_u] nn [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]?