Casper Bartholomew... is it too much?

Edited for privacy

I love it!!

It is a bit of a mouthful but I really like it! [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] is a favourite of mine and I so rarely hear it.

He probably won’t be referred to by his full name all that often anyway, if you love [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] I say use it.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Casper[/name_m]! That’s a very handsome combo there, I think it’ll be just fine.

I love [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]! [name_m]Casper[/name_m] is one of my favorites ([name_m]Cap[/name_m] is such a cute nickname!), and [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] was on our preliminary list as a middle for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. I did think that [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] was a bit much paired with four-syllable [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], but it’s great with two-syllable [name_m]Casper[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Casper[/name_m]! I don’t think [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] is too out there.

I don’t think it is too out there but yes I’m from the UK and I think of University Challenge.

[name_m]Casper[/name_m] is gorgeous, I love that name, really great choice. Paired with [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] I find it grandiose.

Of course you could pull it off, he may prefer to shorten it to [name_m]Bart[/name_m] which wouldn’t come across badly.

If you’re looking for suggestions:

[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Rene[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Sampson[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Hugo[/name_m]

Hmm, yes, that’s what I was afraid of… Nothing wrong with UC but I don’t want to give the poor kid a name he’ll have to live up to.

Thanks for your suggestions. I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_m]Milo[/name_m] but so much so that I don’t want to “waste” it on a middle since I definitely want more kids. [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] is something I’d never dare to give as a first name and I don’t like any of the nicknames I can think of. I also like [name_m]Felix[/name_m] but unfortunately there’s already one in the family.

Other possibilities we’re considering are:
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] (again, not sure I want to “waste” it on a mn but it is a bit more popular than I’d have liked for a first)
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Matthias[/name_m]

What are people’s thoughts on those?

I adore [name_m]Casper[/name_m] and nn [name_m]Cap[/name_m] is so cool! [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] is a bit of a mouthful though.
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m]

I actually don’t think it’s a mouthful… [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] is a super traditional name even if it’s not heard that often nowadays – it’s an apostle name, after all – definitely not “out there” [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. And although it’s long, [name_m]Casper[/name_m] is relatively short at just two syllables. I think it’s a great, balanced combo and I’d go for it without hesitation. As far as your other options, [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is great but as you pointed out, it’s gotten a lot more popular and continues that upward trajectory… [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m] – [name_f]IMO[/name_f] more “out there” and more of a mouthful than [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]. [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] I like but not as much as [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]. Great choice, go for it!

I like it :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input everyone!

I think we’ll probably go for it but I’ll keep batting [name_m]Matthias[/name_m] and other possibilities round in my head for now as well. Perhaps I’ll put it to a poll nearer the time.

I do like [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m], it’s very handsome. Perhaps that is a good idea considering its popularity to put it as a middle name.

[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] is great. [name_m]Cap[/name_m] is cute, though others will call his [name_u]Cass[/name_u] probably too.

I do still think of the creepy little white ghost a bit (which dates me, I know!) and I love [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] so I would make that be the first.

I really like it. [name_m]Casper[/name_m] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f] are ADORABLE. [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] is a bit heavier than [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] and brings the name to a more sturdy and old fashioned feeling but overall it works.

(Not sure what you mean by “public school,” does that have a different connotation in [name_m]Britain[/name_m]?)