Caspian or Cassius?

My DH hates my first choice name ([name]Nathaniel[/name]) so I’m trying to pick a new boy’s name (we’re having our 3rd boy).
What do you think of
[name]Caspian[/name]
or
[name]Cassius[/name]
???
I tend to like traditional names ([name]Alexander[/name] ["[name]Xander[/name]"], [name]Lucas[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name]), so these are a bit far out for me, but DH likes them (especially [name]Caspian[/name]) and I could warm up to them, too.
Our preferred MN is [name]Justice[/name], and [name]Caspian[/name] probably goes better with [name]Justice[/name] – but our LN ends in -son, so [name]Cassius[/name] might be better with the LN.
Any thoughts?

I love [name]Caspian[/name], but that’s me! I think either name could work.

[name]Caspian[/name] gets my vote

I don’t really care for [name]Cassius[/name] that much, but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Caspian[/name] – I’ll totally admit my bias though because I have a son named [name]Caspian[/name].

[name]Caspian[/name]! I thinkit sounds fine with a last name ending in -son.

[name]Caspian[/name] for me, too! I love the [name]Narnia[/name] reference. I think it’s such a cool name. :slight_smile:

[name]Cassius[/name] is okay, but it’s never really appealed to me personally. I think [name]Caspian[/name] [name]Justice[/name] would be really cool.

Good luck!

[name]Caspian[/name]. It sounds better with [name]Justice[/name]. [name]Cassius[/name] is the mare traditional, classic version, but [name]Caspian[/name] is modern and sounds good with the middle.

I love [name]Caspian[/name]! I’m not a fan of [name]Cassius[/name], though.

[name]Caspian[/name]! I actually like both.

I adore them both, but I personally think I prefer [name]Cassius[/name] just that bit more. I tend to think I may be easier to wear. However, [name]Caspian[/name] is darling with [name]Justice[/name]. The ‘s’ sound in [name]Cassius[/name] and [name]Justice[/name] is too sing-songy for my liking.

I love [name]Cassius[/name]. It was on our long list. Not a fan at all of [name]Caspian[/name]-sorry.

Lots of votes for [name]Caspian[/name]!
So the full name would be: [name]Caspian[/name] [name]Justice[/name] [name]Johnson[/name].
OK?
It would be such a relief to finally have a choice we can all agree on…

I love it!! [name]Caspian[/name] would be my top name, but my husband king konged it. Repeatedly. Sad, but i am still working on it :wink: [name]Caspian[/name] [name]Justice[/name] [name]Johnson[/name] is a very nice name.

My vote is for [name]Caspian[/name]. I love narnian names and it was on my list but my husband vetoed it. [name]Caspian[/name] [name]Justice[/name] is a solid boys name that I think will age well.

[name]Caspian[/name] just has such a great sound to it that it’s totally a GP of mine. My husband hates it so it will remain as that, but I prefer it 100% to [name]Cassius[/name]. I just think [name]Caspian[/name] has a much more manly sound too it.

Are you intending to pronounce [name]Cassius[/name] as “[name]Cass[/name]-ee-us” or as “[name]Cash[/name]-us”? I’ve heard it both ways, though I personally prefer “[name]Cash[/name]-us”. It does change the flow on it depending on your choice. :slight_smile:

I’m a huge fan of C.S. [name]Lewis[/name], and really love the name [name]Caspian[/name]. It’s so unusual, but not unfamiliar if that makes sense. :slight_smile:

[name]Cassius[/name] (said [name]Cash[/name]-us or [name]Cass[/name]-ee-us) has too much hiss with [name]Justice[/name] for my liking. I’ve never heard [name]Cassius[/name] pronounced cash-us…

[name]Caspian[/name] [name]Justice[/name] is solid choice.

I like both, but [name]Cassius[/name] does not go well with [name]Justice[/name] at all, [name]IMO[/name], so if you’re loving that for a mn, then I think your decision is made! [name]Caspian[/name] [name]Justice[/name] is cool!

Definitely [name]Caspian[/name]! Our first choice at the minute for our baby boy due in a few weeks is [name]Caspian[/name]!! Good luck, keep us posted on what you finally decide!

I like [name]Caspar[/name].