Caspian vibes ✨

Inspired by @almostactually’s thread about name vibes, and info from polls on my favourite boy names.

What :sparkles:vibes :sparkles: do you get from [name_m]Caspian[/name_m]?

Please don’t be afraid to wax lyrical, I would love as much detail as possible! Some specific questions to inspire you…

What do you imagine somebody called [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] would be like? As a little boy, as a teen, as an adult?

What imagery does [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] bring up in your mind? What colour is the name? What emojis would you choose for it?

About half of people who voted in my poll said that [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] reminds them of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] before anything else. I’m curious about how that association makes people feel about the name, and if [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] isn’t the first association, what is?

If you do associate it with [name_f]Narnia[/name_f], is it the books or the films which come to mind first? (or the BBC series, in which case we can be best friends)

I’ve asked about nicknames before but if you had to choose one, what would you pick?

Thank you! :relaxed:

1 Like

Narnia does come to mind but more as a vague second thought because I don’t think I ever actually read them.
I get noble fanstasy prince/knight vibes (mostly because of the name itself but the Narnia connection is probably an influence) and ocean imagery because of the Caspian Sea.
Random image that just popped into my mind: A young man, likely a prince, dressed in a navy blue cloak with an ornate sword on his belt standing on a windswept beach on a cloudy day, the smell of a thunderstorm on the air and the steely color of the stormy ocean making his cloak seem even bluer, as he reads a message that may or not have been delivered via a bottle on the waves. Somewhere in the distance a seagull is having a very strong opinion, probably about the weather.

Edit because I forgot like half the questions: Caspian reads as blue and teal, especially the darker shades. I would go with Cas or Ian as a nickname depending on which fit better. I imagine a Caspian to be intelligent, well spoken, artistic, philosophical, and on the quiet side except about things he’s passionate about. An inquisitive little boy who is just as likely to go looking for fairies in the woods as spend all day reading anything he can his hands on growing up to be a very competent leader who often has impactful or thought provoking insights.

1 Like

IMO it gives of [name_f]Regal[/name_f], Princely vibes.

I wouldn’t use it myself but I do think it’s beautiful.

The imagery the name [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] brings up in my head is a regal boy riding his horse in the wind valiantly while riding through a storm to go to battle.

As for color, I feel [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] gives off red vibes.

[name_f]Narnia[/name_f] always comes to mind, as I first heard of the name through the books and the movies.

As for nicknames, [name_m]Cas[/name_m] or [name_f]Cassy[/name_f]. Both sweet nicknames in my opinion.

1 Like

I imagine a [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] to be someone friendly, quietly confident, with a hint of mischief about them. A [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] likes the outdoors and is active and adventurous - more into tree climbing, swimming, rock climbing, kayaking, biking or hiking rather than football or rugby. You might find a [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] in the library or a cosy nook, reading - often plot heavy novels or non-fiction - or he might be outdoors, covered in mud.

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] brings up images of rugged hills, forests, historic towns, rolling waves, wide open lakes and stars. Maybe I associate it with the colour red? Yeah, that’s not really cohesive.

[name_f]Narnia[/name_f] is my first association, probably because it’s where I first encountered it. I read the books with my mum when I was fairly young and The Voyage of the [name_f]Dawn[/name_f] Treader was my fave in the series and I read it a bit obsessively, so yeah, that will always be my immediate association. The books come to mind first - and actually I like that about it. [name_f]My[/name_f] other association is NB in general :grin:

I think [name_m]Cap[/name_m] or Cip/Kip are my fave nicknames

1 Like

In my mind, [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] has fluffy brown hair and grey-green eyes, with freckles across his nose. He’s thoughtful, quiet, watchful, but with an adventurous edge. He likes to take long walks along the ocean cliffs with his beloved notebook, wearing a red cardigan. He writes everything in his notebook, he’s always reading, and he often seems lost in his own world. His pockets are usually full of smooth stones and ferns.

The name itself is pale, sea glass green. [name_u]Stormy[/name_u] weather along the cliffs, or the ocean in winter; mist and mystery. It’s got a brighter side to it, a deep yellow sun poking through the clouds.

I don’t associate it with [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] because I never actually finished those books. [name_f]My[/name_f] first association is the [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Sea[/name_u], I think.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite nickname is [name_m]Kip[/name_m]!

3 Likes

my first association is a cartoonish light blue shark in a children’s book (it’s not real as far as i know). these put it pretty well :shark::bubbles::snowflake: .it’s crisp, a little cold, and just overall yes. i think my mom has a friend who’s nephew is caspian?

1 Like

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] for me is similar in vibe to [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. [name_m]Classic[/name_m] and literary, while simultaneously being very young-feeling. I imagine him to be very independent and adventurous, as well as introverted. He loves his family and always wants to play with them outside! To me, [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] has light brown hair when he’s born, but it slowly turns to dark brown over time. [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is a dark forest green. These emojis::evergreen_tree::bear::fallen_leaf::candle::teddy_bear::fox_face:

2 Likes

I definitely associate the name [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] with the [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] books and his Dawntreader!

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is, to me, a seafaring prince, with whipping wind in his hair and eyes on the horizon. As a little boy, I imagine him as adventurous and bold, but very soft-hearted. I can definitely picture him saving worms from the sidewalk. As a teen, I can see him growing into his boldness, being a leader among his friends. As an adult I imagine him as a traveler, visiting every corner of the globe!

[name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is a rich sea-teal – #3c9fba, if that’s not too specific x-) :trident::ocean::earth_asia:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite nickname for [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is definitely [name_m]Cas[/name_m]. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m in awe of you, berries!!! These are some stunning vibes. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite bits…

@sammaegre

This is so atmospheric and beautiful! Thank you! :blue_heart:

This definitely sounds like something my kid would do :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Very close to what actually happens in the book! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it :relaxed:

I really like that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_u]Love[/name_u] this imagery, and I’m the same - C is usually orangey-red to me, but [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] flips between a deep crimson and a paler sea-blue!

This sounds so much like my husband :sweat_smile: he’s always collecting nature bits.

I love this colour, I can see that too!

I used the word crisp in my description too!

Oh I completely see this :evergreen_tree:

This is wonderful and so sweet :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::crown:

Thanks all so much!! I will pop my own answers in the next post in case anyone is curious…

3 Likes
my thoughts 👑

The [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] books are my first association with the name. I read the books multiple times as a child as did my husband, and they’re important to us both. The character of [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] believes in the ‘old magic’ of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] and fights to restore it, eventually becoming a wise, adventurous, and beloved king, so it’s really evocative. This association gives me ‘classic children’s literature’ feelings (similar to one of my other boy favourites, [name_u]Robin[/name_u], from The [name_m]Little[/name_m] White Horse)

[name_f]My[/name_f] only other association with the name is the [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] [name_u]Sea[/name_u], and the open sea in general since [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] goes on a sea voyage. But I’ve not yet heard it as a name outside the context of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f].

In terms of imagery, I see ships with white sails, tapestries of mythical beasts, tournaments with banners flying, shields and swords, ancient forests, faded old books. The sound of the name is brisk and adventurous to me - a questing knight, a young man going to seek his fortune.

I imagine a little boy with a mop of hair waving a wooden sword around, running through trees. On a teenager I can see it almost taking on a dark academia edge, maybe that’s the slightly [name_m]Roman[/name_m] sound (edit: it might also be the ‘stormy’ vibe that lots of people mentioned!). On an adult, it feels intriguing, unexpected but smart and crisp.

For emojis I would choose: :crown::bow_and_arrow::evergreen_tree::deer::crossed_swords::shield::old_key::mountain_snow::sparkles:

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite nicknames are [name_u]Cass[/name_u] and [name_u]Pip[/name_u]! Although I’m also loving [name_m]Cap[/name_m]!

I’ve encountered two Caspians and one was a toddler with a mop of hair and lots of energy

1 Like

From [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], I picture an intuitive, creative little boy.
I get prince-like vibes, like [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] in the [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] series. Also, ocean vibes like the [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] sea, or animal vibes the the [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] tiger or the [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] tern (bird). [name_u]Prince[/name_u] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] was my first thought, though. The books come to mind before the movies.
Nickname wise? [name_u]Cass[/name_u], [name_m]Cash[/name_m], Ian🧡

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts exactly

1 Like

Yay, my favourite topic!

The BBC show is actually my favourite Narnia adaptation (my mum got me the boxset), and the nostalgia and memories I have from it is a big part of why I love Caspian now. I’m pretty sure it’s why I immediately think child/teen/young adult when I think about Caspian, also the colour blue (like a light sea blue), and adventures! I have a load of nns I love (including Kit, Kip, and Cap), but Cas is extra special for me (nn for one of my fave characters). I’ve got a Pinterest board for Caspian too! https://www.pinterest.co.uk/Myosotis2338/caspian/.

My Caspian Vibes!

As a boy I imagine he’d be running around outside, always playing pretend and wanting to go off on adventures. He loves listening to stories, and immediately starts thinking about bringing them to life. He’s a kid who never wants to stop playing, constantly getting mucky and messy, and loves making as much noise as possible. He never sits still or stops bouncing around, excited about everything, and wanting everyone else to join in too.

As a teen he’s the one who never stops smiling, laughing, and joking. An endless optimist, and determined to make sure everyone’s okay and having fun. I think he’d still have a load of energy, and be a bit of a daydreamer. This is when I most imagine him going by Cas. He doesn’t let anyone or anything influence or make him feel guilty about his own interests, and never judges anyone for theirs. He’s well liked because he comes across as open, friendly, and non-judgemental. He’s generally a nice, chill person, which makes him cool.

As an adult, I think he’d still have that enthusiasm for life. He’d actually want to go on real adventures now, meet new people, and experience everything the world has to offer. Whatever he decides to do, he puts his all into it, and is willing and excited to work for it. I like to think because he brings so much joy to everyone around him, they return the favour and make sure he’s good too. I think he’d give some really great advice, be an amazing storyteller, and just make everyone feel happy.

In general I get sun kissed skin, days at the beach, lots of laughter, messy, curly hair, camping, forests, nature and the outdoors :evergreen_tree: :sunrise_over_mountains: :paw_prints::sailboat: :ocean: :world_map:

1 Like

:raised_hands:t2: This is what I like to hear! It’s just the best! We watch it over [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] each year.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] that you have a [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] board!! And your vibes are wonderful, a little more exuberant perhaps than the opinions above but the same spirit of adventure and love of nature :relaxed:

1 Like