Cecily...too rhymey??

I love the name [name]Cecily[/name], but I think it’s too matchy with our last name to actually use. My mom doesn’t think it’s out of the question though (Unlike [name]Bess[/name], [name]Jessa[/name], or [name]Hazel[/name]). I guess I’d just like some opinions. Our last name is [name]Wessel[/name] (rhymes with ‘vessel’)

Hmmm. I love [name]Cecily[/name], but it is a little rhymey with your last name. What about [name]Cecelia[/name] or [name]Celia[/name] instead?

I think [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Wessel[/name] is just fine! It might have a little rhyme but nothing [name]IMO[/name] to throw it out of contention. [name]Cecily[/name] is such a stylish choice!

thanks for the suggestions of [name]Celia[/name] and [name]Cecelia[/name], but [name]Cecily[/name] is the only version of the name that I like. It’s just a bouncy name :slight_smile:

If you think it’s rhymey, how about [name]Cicely[/name]? (pronounced SIS-uh-lee)

I like [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Wessel[/name] a lot – I think it feels rhymey because it’s got some consonance going on in it with the ss sounds and the l sounds repeated. It sounds more poetic and gentile than anything to me.

I think [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Wessel[/name] is adorable!! I agree with @teacherma that it seems more poetic than rhymey :slight_smile:

I think it is great! [name]Love[/name] [name]Cecily[/name].