Celebrity name stealing

Has a celebrity ever used one of your favourite names? One of my friends named her daughter [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] then [name_m]Ed[/name_m] Sheeran used it😂 I remember when [name_f]Chrissy[/name_f] [name_f]Teigen[/name_f] used [name_f]Luna[/name_f] I was sooo annoyed because it became so popular, has this ever happened to you?.

3 Likes

:grin:

When the Rooneys used [name_u]Kit[/name_u]…

16 Likes

When [name_u]Jan[/name_u] used [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]…

1 Like

When [name_m]Prince[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] named his daughter [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]… It was sort of already popular though, but it just kept getting more popular after that :frowning_face:

4 Likes

I felt the same way about [name_m]Louis[/name_m]! It was probably already a little too popular for me, but heading down.

I know lots of disgruntled parents of Archies who were disappointed when [name_u]Harry[/name_u] and [name_f]Meghan[/name_f] used it.

5 Likes

North was my #1 boy name until Kimye stole it. I’m still bitter.

1 Like

My aunt and uncle named their daughter [name_f]Adele[/name_f]. Not terribly long before the singer [name_f]Adele[/name_f] became popular in my country (USA).

It’s a family name which is why they used it but I was always amused by the timing.

2 Likes

I agree! Especially as my own name is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] and I really wish they hadn’t used it, as it just boosted it’s popularity further.

1 Like

Björk has an [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] and [name_m]Ben[/name_m] Affleck and [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] [name_m]Garner[/name_m] have a [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]. Fortunately my girls‘ names haven’t gone über popular. If anyone uses [name_m]Alaric[/name_m] I will go crazy though… especially if they pronounce it like the character in Vampire Diaries which just sounds wrong to me :rage:

I don’t really mind if celebrities use my favourite names. [name_f]Salma[/name_f] Hayek has a [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], [name_f]Kourtney[/name_f] Kardashian has a [name_f]Penelope[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f] Mendes and [name_u]Ryan[/name_u] Gosling have an [name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f], [name_m]Justin[/name_m] Timberlake and [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] [name_m]Biel[/name_m] have a [name_m]Silas[/name_m]… It just doesn’t make any difference to me. However, I can understand feeling upset if it’s a unique name (e.g. [name_u]North[/name_u], [name_f]Stormi[/name_f]). I think it would be pretty annoying to have everyone think the name was inspired by the celebrity baby if you loved it before.