Celestial Siblings?

I’m looking for less obvious celestial themed names to go with [name]Nova[/name] (star/new) and [name]Lux[/name] (light). Girl or boy. We’re trying to avoid names that begin with the same letters (N and L) or end in A (which is always tough). [name]Luna[/name] is out.

Thanks!

So far I’ve got:

[name]Selene[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Mara[/name] (which is VERY loosely related), [name]Apollo[/name], [name]Atlas[/name], [name]Orion[/name].

[name]Seren[/name]. Means star, but isn’t that obvious. Could be used for a girl or a boy. I love this name :slight_smile:

Maybe [name]Celeste[/name]?

Or [name]Celestine[/name]?

Well, I made a name list a while back, mostly geared at writers, so many of the names are pretty obscure, but take a look: Star/Heavenly Names | Nameberry
I love [name]Orion[/name], Rion for short.

So many great girl ones end in a…Meridiana, [name]Talitha[/name]…
You could do Kastriel or Katriel “[name]Kat[/name]” That would fit well with [name]Lux[/name] and [name]Nova[/name].

[name]Orion[/name] is really lovely imo, and I like [name]Apollo[/name] as well.

[name]Aster[/name] or [name]Astrid[/name] or [name]Astrea[/name] would also be pretty

Is [name]Calypso[/name] too weird for you?

[name]Dawn[/name] is a simple, more common one.

[name]Taurean[/name] or Taurina (m and f) is an interesting one.

[name]Aries[/name] is pretty wearable I think.

Merak is a star name that’s pretty cool.

[name]Iris[/name] means rainbow which is vaguely celestial.

[name]Esther[/name] means star.

Your question was posted on Nameberry’s FB, and someone suggested [name]Estelle[/name]. I like it with your sibset, though it does have a different feel than [name]Nova[/name] or [name]Lux[/name].

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Ora[/name] means light
[name]Citlali[/name] (pn sit-la-lee) means star

[name]Alina[/name]–Slavic, bright
Meira–Hebrew, shining
[name]Orianna[/name]–Latin, golden, dawning
[name]Danica[/name]–Slavic, morning star
[name]Elara[/name]–moon of [name]Jupiter[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]–moon of Uranus

[name]Samson[/name]–Hebrew, like the sun
[name]Draco[/name]–constellation
[name]Leo[/name]–constellation

[name]Rigel[/name] is our son’s middle name, it’s the brightest star in the constellation [name]Orion[/name]. [name]Hunter[/name] was another name we had considered since [name]Orion[/name] is the hunter (we love [name]Orion[/name]) [name]Carina[/name] is a southern constellation and a very pretty name. If [name]Mara[/name] is an option, maybe [name]Carina[/name]?

How about Vega and Lyra? Lovely names and they would fit nicely with Nova and Lux i think. I love Astrid as well.

[name]How[/name] about Tethys? It’s the name of one of [name]Saturn[/name]'s moons and also the name of an ancient Greek sea goddess.

I love [name]Estelle[/name].

Maybe [name]Aurore[/name] would work for you? It means dawn in Latin. And [name]Aurora[/name] was the goddess of dawn. Plus, it’s the name of those cool light displays in the northern/southern skies, so that’s pretty cool.

I like [name]Sirius[/name] for a boy. [name]Sirius[/name] is the brightest star which I think sends a nice message