Celia or Celina/Selina

Celia pronounced like [name_f]Selina[/name_f], but without N or [name_f]Selina[/name_f]/Celina?
[name_f]Celia[/name_f] - SELia
[name_f]Celina[/name_f]/Selina - SEL-ina
[name_f]Celina[/name_f] or [name_f]Selina[/name_f]?

Celia is my favourite :slight_smile:

[name_f]Celina[/name_f]/Selina sound a bit dated to me so I prefer [name_f]Celia[/name_f]! Maybe spelled [name_f]Selia[/name_f] to get the sound you want.

Celia gets my vote :grin:

I prefer [name_f]Selina[/name_f]. [name_f]Celia[/name_f] sounds a bit awkward

I think [name_f]Celia[/name_f] is lovely.

I prefer [name_f]Celia[/name_f] but you can’t go wrong here!

Celia seems a little more fresh

I also think [name_f]Selia[/name_f] might work better than [name_f]Celia[/name_f] for the pronunciation you’re going for - since [name_f]Celia[/name_f] is typically pronounced closer to [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f].

Of the two, I think I prefer [name_f]Selina[/name_f].

1 Like

I like [name_f]Selina[/name_f] best, but [name_f]Celia[/name_f] is nice. :slight_smile:
(Not a fan of [name_f]Celina[/name_f], personally.)

I really like [name_f]Selina[/name_f], and prefer this spelling over [name_f]Celina[/name_f]. [name_f]Celia[/name_f] is also a nice name, though [name_f]Selina[/name_f] is my favorite of your options.

I pronounce [name_f]Celia[/name_f] as “SEE-lee-a”. [name_f]Selina[/name_f] is very pretty!

Celia looks like Celiac to me (ie the disease). [name_u]Or[/name_u] cilia, from biology class…

I prefer [name_f]Seline[/name_f], [name_f]Celine[/name_f], [name_f]Salina[/name_f], or [name_f]Salima[/name_f].

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Celia[/name_f]

I prefer [name_f]Celia[/name_f], but not with the pronunciation you’re going for. If pronounced your way, I prefer [name_f]Selina[/name_f].

I have never heard any of these names pronounced the way you’ve listed, so I have a really hard time with all of them, honestly. If I had to pick one of the pronunciations you have listed, I guess I’d got with [name_f]Celia[/name_f].

I much prefer [name_f]Celia[/name_f] - what a cool, understated, smart, under-used name this is!

Celia is strong!