Chandler for a girl??????????

What do you think of [name]Chandler[/name] for a girls name???

I wouldn’t do it. It’s a trade name that means candle-maker. It’s a boy name to me, and it sounds kind of soap-opera-y even for a boy. (Let me stress that I am not a soap-opera watcher!)

I second [name]Pomme[/name]. :slight_smile:

No. its not good. I don’t like the name for a boy either. [name]Don[/name]'t give your daughter a boys name.

girl names with boy nicknames
[name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Charlene[/name] ([name]Charlie[/name])
[name]Maxine[/name] ([name]Max[/name])
[name]Jacquline[/name] ([name]Jack[/name], Jacqs)
[name]Veronica[/name] ([name]Ronnie[/name])
[name]Victoria[/name] ([name]Tori[/name])
[name]Georgia[/name]/[name]Georgina[/name] ([name]George[/name])
[name]Thomasina[/name] ([name]Tom[/name])

and some strong sounding names
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Deirdre[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name]/[name]Katherine[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]

hope I helped some!

~[name]Bree[/name]

I have to disagree with the previous post (sorry!). I think it would be a cute name. Besides if you love the name go for it!

“[name]Chandler[/name]'s a girl! [name]Chandler[/name]'s a girl!” (from Friends) Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Probably a lot of people are going to associate the name with the guy from the TV show.
That said, I don’t think it’s too masculine for a girl. I think it’s kind of cute.

HAHAHAHAHA when I read this post that is the FIRST thing that came to mind… to funny, I also think it is cute and quirky for a girl. I always think, if you go bold with the first name, giv thme a more “normal” middle name they can use later if they want… like if you named her [name]Chandler[/name], what about [name]Rose[/name], [name]Ashley[/name] or [name]Elisabeth[/name] for a middle name?

Yeah, I was thinking [name]Chandler[/name] [name]Grace[/name]…
But I like your [name]Rose[/name] suggestion also!

HAHAHAHAHA when I read this post that is the FIRST thing that came to mind… to funny, I also think it is cute and quirky for a girl. I always think, if you go bold with the first name, giv thme a more “normal” middle name they can use later if they want… like if you named her [name]Chandler[/name], what about [name]Rose[/name], [name]Ashley[/name] or [name]Elisabeth[/name] for a middle name?[/quote]

I like it with a girly middle name

[name]Chandler[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Love[/name] it and [name]Rose[/name] is cute to like they said

also:
[name]Chandler[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Chandler[/name] [name]Megan[/name]
[name]Chandler[/name] [name]Bella[/name]
[name]Chandler[/name] [name]Kay[/name]
[name]Chandler[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Chandler[/name] [name]Lila[/name]

“[name]Little[/name] baby girl [name]Chandler[/name]!” Lol, that’s the first thing I thought of. [name]Chandler[/name] is all Friends to me, and probably to a lot of people. But I think it’s cute for a girl. If [name]Elliot[/name] and [name]Ryan[/name] can be girls names, why not [name]Chandler[/name]? It’s got a nice soft sound.

I went to college with a girl named [name]Chandler[/name], and she went by Channy, which I found very awkward and not very attractive sounding. I don’t know, I honestly agree with most the people who’ve said that this is very much a boy’s name to them and that it’s also a sort of soap opera-ish name. Though perhaps I’m just biased because I really didn’t care for this girl.

On the one hand, it’s kind of pretty and not that far out there for taking a boy or surname, it has feminine appeal. I actually prefer it on a girl than a boy. On the other hand, I kind of don’t like names that seem obvious (to other people) they came from tv. This might be your real family name in which case it was ruined by overexposure on a popular sitcom. Then again, not everybody liked that show or has ever watched it and will think it’s cool. [name]Chandler[/name] on tv seemed like a strange name when Friends premiered, but it also became familiar enough to sound like an actual person could have it and not just a fictional guy. Because [name]Chandler[/name] had the odd name and [name]Ross[/name] and [name]Joey[/name] had “normal” names, at least in that context, there aren’t a lot of other Chandlers around that legitimize it away from tv. Or maybe there are. :slight_smile:

I had a [name]Chandler[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] in class this year. She was the cutest!

Thanks everybody! I think we’re gonna go with [name]Chandler[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Carey[/name]…I’ve heard of alot weirder names, so I don’t feel like [name]Chandler[/name] is that out there! And it’s VERY meaningful to me! What nicknames do you think will come up? We plan on calling her [name]Chandler[/name] [name]Grace[/name] all the time…but maybe [name]Candy[/name], or [name]Sandy[/name] (the sound kindof goes right?), but if someone does end up calling her Channy, I may have to hurt them! ha ha ha! I think I’ll teach her to say “that’s not my name”!!!

[name]Chandler[/name] absolutely works for a girl! I went to school with a girl named [name]Chandler[/name] and nobody batted an eye. Of course, I am also from the Southern US, where girls with surnames or even overtly male names are relatively common. I like the idea of combining it with a more feminine middle name. Good luck to you!

All I can think is [name]Chandler[/name] [name]Bing[/name]. For a younger kid it may not be this way, but whenever your daughter goes over a friends house her parents are going to think of Friends.

I think it works for a girl. I work at a daycare and we have a [name]Chandler[/name]. Not sure of her middle name. Her nn is [name]Chay[/name].

I think [name]Chandler[/name] is just fine for a girl. Knew a little girl named [name]Chandler[/name]. I think [name]Chandler[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is beautiful but is kind of a mouth-full for calling her that all the time. [name]Just[/name] my opinion.