Change of plan now stuck help please?!

I have just had my 12 week scan everything went well and now my ex partner (the father) is wanting to be involved in all things to do with the baby including names.

We agreed that we would use the two honour names a name for his mother and a name for my grandmother. These names would be [name_f]Rose[/name_f] & [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. We have also agreed to use mine & his surname which would be Ramage-Oryang or Oryang-Ramage. Ramage pronounced damage with an R and Oryang is ori yang. I would be happy to use [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as first name it’s beautiful & [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as middle. But [name_f]Rose[/name_f] has been used by honorary niece [name_u]Peyton[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and another friend has a niece [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and I don’t know if it’s an overkill. But now I’m like two middle names with a double barrel surname is a lot. I just don’t like [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as a first name. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandmothers middle was [name_f]Ann[/name_f]. I was thinking maybe [name_f]Roseann[/name_f] as a middle name but just not sure. [name_f]My[/name_f] family would be disappointed if I didn’t use [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f].

Moving onto my actual list…
[name_f]Lilia[/name_f] ~ my ex partner doesn’t like this name he says it’s too complicated and I’m not keen on [name_f]Lily[/name_f].

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]/Eloisa ~ we both like this name but is it too much with the two middle names.

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] ~ he says this feels dated

[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f] ~ I haven’t mentioned this name but I don’t think he will like it. He tends to like less unusual names

Help! Any suggestions ideas thank you :white_heart:

I would use [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Ramage-Oryang.

5 Likes

eloise

That’s kind of funny he thinks [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is dated :joy:

I love [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] or [name_f]Eloisa[/name_f] for you. It is a lot with two middles and two surnames, but I think it’s fine.

Also, I don’t think it would be overkill if you used [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a first name.

How about [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]? [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is pretty

1 Like

Eloise can honor [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]! [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would be beautiful! [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Roseann[/name_f] would be even better!

Sounds complicated! Hopefully we can offer you some help.

I like the suggestion of [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] :slight_smile: or maybe Rosebeth [name_f]Ann[/name_f]?

Having said that, this is your body and your baby and you have the final say on her name. Ahead of your ex and your family. Your family should not be ‘disappointed’ if you don’t use a name. That’s codependent and unnecessary.

I would say go with what you love. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a gorgeous middle so perhaps you could try out some of your true loves with her?

3 Likes

What about a form of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] instead of using it in full?
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Roseann[/name_f]
[name_f]Liza[/name_f] [name_f]Roseann[/name_f]
[name_f]Lisbeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

Or maybe a different form of [name_f]Rose[/name_f]?
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosanna[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Primrose [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] would be stunning!

1 Like

Eloise is nice and I think [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Rosanne[/name_f] would be pretty or even [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] Rosebeth

Some suggestions

Lila [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Talullah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Thank you so much for the feedback. I like the idea of using another form of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] but I’m not certain on the idea of her variants I’m not keen on [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] for my baby. @futuremama it’s bizarre to me as well I think [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is beautiful FAR from dated. I’m relieved you’ve said that you don’t think [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is an overkill as a first name I’m trying to move past that everyone calls [name_u]Peyton[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] by her full name and sometimes even Miss [name_f]Rose[/name_f] like it’s her last name grrr wish I never told my friend that I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as she just jumped on it hence [name_u]Peyton[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I need to decide whether two middle names & two surnames is too much. I love [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] & [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] but both have been vetoed by my ex partner. I absolute love the idea of Rosebeth it feels vintage and a perfect mix of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] & [name_f]Rose[/name_f] would honour both whilst not being the longest name in [name_m]Britain[/name_m]. Thank you for your help!

3 Likes

I love [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] Oryang-Ramage

My children have a hyphenated last name w same amount of syllables as your AND they have 2 middle names. So I wouldn’t worry too much about it. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a classic/common name it’s not like ur using a name that’s very identifiable w one person so I think it’s fine if there is another family memeber w that name/ middle name.

1 Like

Thank you [name_f]Meryl[/name_f] :heart:

Thank you for your input I really like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] so appreciate the positivity :partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

I say just use [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. You love it and if you told your friend you loved [name_f]Rose[/name_f] before she named her daughter [name_u]Peyton[/name_u]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] then she can hardly be too surprised if you call your daughter rose!

Rose names:
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
Rosamunda
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosa[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaleen[/name_f]

I think you can definitely use [name_f]Rose[/name_f], it’s certainly different enough from [name_u]Peyton[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!

Elizabeth Variations:

Elisabeth
[name_f]Elisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_f]Liza[/name_f]
[name_f]Lizzy[/name_f]
[name_f]Liz[/name_f]
[name_f]Liesel[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] (Spanish version)
[name_f]Elisheva[/name_f] (Hebrew version, of which [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is derived from)
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f]

*Maybe [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] would work? It has a similar feel

@sarahjane1 & @IrinaNicolaStrong thank you for your responses!

I wouldn’t worry about overkill. If you want to use two middles and then a double-barrelled surname, go for it! It’s not as though your daughter will go through life using those two middles daily, it’s a private thing that will give you and your ex (and the people you’re honouring) joy.

Thank you cece84!