Changing baby name?

HELP!! Our daughter is almost 6 months old and I am having serious name regret…

We named her “[name]Ellyn[/name]” but call her “[name]Ellie[/name]” all the time. I love the name [name]Ellie[/name] and she has defintely grown into it. The problem is… I’m still not a fan of [name]Ellyn[/name] (it was a compromise as my dh was a serious pain when naming her and I just wanted her named!).

It is still relatively easy to change her name at this point and I am considering changing it simply to [name]Ellie[/name]. I would change it to Eleonor in a second but my dh will not go for it.

My question is… has anyone ever experienced this? Would we be making a big mistake?

I think you can still probably change it, but I don’t really have experience in these kinds of things. I think [name]Ellie[/name] is a very cute nickname, but you might want something a little more substantial, like:

[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Elysia[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Elvira[/name]
[name]Elora[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]
Lisela
[name]Melanie[/name]
[name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]

Hey Julesmilan, just out of curiousity, are you not liking [name]Ellyn[/name] because of the way it sounds? Right now, it’s [name]EL[/name]-lyn right? Have you considered [name]Elin[/name] (pronounced EE-lin)? You can still keep [name]Ellie[/name] for short this way…

Or Elita? Eleta? It means the chosen one. [name]Both[/name] pronounced E-lita.

We had two or three threads on this topic a few months ago, see thread [name]Aster[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] [name]Lark[/name] updated and thread [name]Lark[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] MarySomething.

This lady was searching for the perfect name for her baby and all the nameberrries worked together to help her find THE name for her baby who was about 6 months old too.

If you need support to find THE name for your baby let us know and we will try to help you.

I really love the name [name]Ellery[/name] and would use [name]Ellie[/name] for the nn. I think it is a very pretty name but is unique also.

[name]Ellyn[/name] looks very trendy could you change it to [name]Ellen[/name]?
[name]Eleanor[/name] is lovely pity your hubby won’t go for it.