Changing my first name to Bennett

My middle name is [name_u]Jean[/name_u]-Clément (last name starts with C). So it’s a mouthful, but I love the name [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] and I can’t wait to legally change it (I’m changing it for personal reasons).

I am just [name_m]Ben[/name_m] for short. The only problem is people assuming my name is [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. That could get annoying after a while!

But what do you all think of [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]? Maybe a different name flows better with my middle name? Maybe something shorter - even just [name_m]Ben[/name_m]?

I think [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] is just fine, and it seems like a simple enough correction to make if someone mistakes your full name for [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. I don’t think choosing another [name_m]Ben[/name_m]- name or just going by [name_m]Ben[/name_m] will remedy your problem because people are still likely to mistake it as a nickname for [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]. Sorry I can’t be more helpful, but I say just use [name_m]Bennett[/name_m].

Thank you for the reply. I will probably just go with [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]. But to me, it’s still a very clunky sounding in combination with my long middle name. I was even thinking about removing either [name_u]Jean[/name_u] or [name_m]Clement[/name_m] and have just one.

I have a little [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], so I love it.