Changing my Name

Hello! I’ve wanted to change my name for awhile now, but I just can’t find a name that fits me and my personality!

I would describe myself as a cross between an introvert and an extrovert. I would call myself an ambivert. I love new and old literature. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite books are [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]’s [name_m]Web[/name_m], The Chronicles of [name_f]Narnia[/name_f], [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m], The Bridges of [name_u]Madison[/name_u] County, and A Tale of Two Bad Mice. I also like owls a lot! I always try to find names that mean owl, but I can’t usually find any. It’s sort of funny, because I am somewhat of a night owl myself!

I like names that are vintage but not dated vintage. I like names that are unique but still “heard of”. I like name’s that are not on the top 100 or 1000, usually. Names that aren’t very popular are what I like.

I’ve always been a nature person. I love going for walks, hikes, swimming in lakes, and being adventurous. I’m sort of a daredevil. I mentioned how I’m a night owl right? Well, I also get up really early. Usually around 5:30 or 6:00. I accomplish a lot of things early in the morning.

I also love to draw! Drawing, painting, colouring, sketching. I love to do it all. I also really love space! I love all things space related!! Astronauts, the moon, planets, stars, super novas. I also love drawing designs for spaceships in my sketchbooks. I think I might become an aeronautical or aerospace engineer one day.

Some of the name’s I have considered are:
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. But none of them really suited me, besides [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. But I’m still not totally sure on them. I also love the name [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f], because it has significant meaning to me. So something on the lines of [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f], [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], [name_f]Zipporah[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

TIA!

My first thought was [name_f]Athena[/name_f] since her symbol is an owl.

2 Likes

I my first thought was [name_f]Athena[/name_f]. And [name_u]Paisley[/name_u]. I like [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and [name_u]Meredith[/name_u].

1 Like

I thought [name_f]Athena[/name_f] as well, and I know its not incredibly common but still normal. I do love [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] as well. Are you interested in the name’s nicknames at all? I am also a HP fan and adore the names [name_f]Luna[/name_f] and [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]. Maybe you can decide on a special word or definition that is important to you and find names that mean that? I am also legally changing my name but can’t seem to find the right one, its so hard! Names I think of that are dated but not to much are ones like Amber and Holly, the later is not too common.

1 Like

I first thought of [name_f]Fern[/name_f] when you said Charlottes web! I know it’s shorter than a lot of your other name options, but I think it fits your personality. It’s unique yet heard of, vintage yet not dated, and it’s a nature name! I also like [name_f]Lavender[/name_f] for you!

2 Likes

My first thought was [name_f]Neoma[/name_f], which sounds familiar because of [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] but is hardly used at all. It’s a Greek name that means new moon which checks the boxes of nature theme and night themed.

I think [name_f]Neoma[/name_f] [name_f]Chrysanthemum[/name_f] sounds quite nice.

1 Like

Bronte
[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Larisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Elara[/name_f]
[name_f]Leandra[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Nascha[/name_f] means owl. It is pronounced “Nah-sha”.

Another option would be to choose a name that means knowledge or wise. An owl was a symbol for [name_f]Athena[/name_f], goddess of wisdom and strategy. Also, in Ancient Greece, the owl was a symbol of higher wisdom.

1 Like

What about…

Penelope (nn: [name_u]Penny[/name_u])
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f] (nn: [name_f]Liv[/name_f] or [name_f]Olive[/name_f])
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]/Ailenor (nn: [name_f]Lina[/name_f] or [name_f]Nora[/name_f])
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] (nn: [name_f]Bea[/name_f] or [name_f]Trixie[/name_f])
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] (nn: [name_f]Jennie[/name_f])
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f] (nn: [name_f]Soph[/name_f])
[name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f]/Zephyr
[name_u]Nebula[/name_u]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f] (nn: [name_f]Ellie[/name_f])
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] (nn: [name_f]Cheryll[/name_f] or [name_f]Lottey[/name_f])
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]/Lucia (nn: [name_f]Cindie[/name_f] or [name_f]Loulou[/name_f])
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] (nn: [name_f]Maisie[/name_f])
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]/Honora
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherine[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Tirzah[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] (nn: [name_f]Rosie[/name_f])

LMK what you think!!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u]! I also like [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]!

1 Like

Penelope sounds like a good fit to me!

2 Likes

What about [name_f]Athena[/name_f] or [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]? They are associated with owls and wisdom!

1 Like

Fern (from [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]’s [name_m]Web[/name_m])
[name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
[name_u]River[/name_u]
[name_f]Rainie[/name_f]
[name_u]Milan[/name_u]
[name_f]Monet[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Heidi[/name_f]
[name_f]Laura[/name_f]
[name_f]Alora[/name_f]
[name_u]Sage[/name_u]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_u]Louise[/name_u]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]

1 Like

In addition to Athena, there’s also Artemis/Diana who’s the Goddess of the Hunt and Night/moon which seems to perfectly fit your outdoor adventures as well as your love for aerospace and being a night owl!

Other ideas:
Luna
River
Selena
Odessa/Odyssey
Hypatia
Nova
Astrid
Andromeda
Cassiopeia
Skylar/Sky
Ursa
Yvaine
Solace
Kalpana
Tesla
Katniss
Everest
Ivy
Sequoya
Lavender
Gazelle
Fawn
Raven
Falcon
Aloe
Zephyr
Fiora
Wren
Wildrose
Aurelia/Aurora
Orchid
Ottilie
Olympia
Sage
Phoenix
Rogue
Mystique
Sonya/Sophia
Lucy

If you happen to want to be named after astronomers:
Hypatia
Ruby Violet Payne-Scott – first female radio astronomer
Beatrice Tinsley – Yale astronomer who worked on galaxy evolution
Evelyn Leland- Harvard Astronomer
Caroline Herschel – first woman to discover a comet and to be paid for being an astronomer
Katherine Johnson, NASA scientist and mathematician instrumental to the moon landing
Mary Jackson -NASA mathematician and engineer

More bird names: Bird names shortlist

More Nature names: Forest Names
Tree girl name

Space Names: Space Baby Names | Nameberry?

Adventure (not sure how accurate these are): http://www.meaning-of-names.com/search/index.asp?nm=adventurous&stype=1&gndr=2

2 Likes

As in the previous post, I thought at once of [name_u]Artemis[/name_u]. And you could use the nicknames [name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_m]Artie[/name_m] or [name_f]Missy[/name_f]

2 Likes

This is probably a far out idea-
What do you think of [name_f]Olwen[/name_f]? The style seems like it would suit. It’s very unusual, but not unheard of. Best of all, it almost has ‘owl’ in it. In fact I think Owl could be a nickname for [name_f]Olwen[/name_f].

4 Likes