Character Name Help

Hey everyone! I recently came across the beginnings of a story I wrote when I was in 5th grade (age 10/11) and was surprised to find that the idea wasn’t half bad. [name_m]Even[/name_m] the writing was pretty good for a 10 year old. I used to love writing but stopped when I thought I was too cool for it in middle school. I’ve recently tried to get back into it and I decided I want to use this idea and tweak it a bit. The problem is that all the characters have basic names you’d expect a 10 year old to come up with. The main character’s name is [name_u]Jack[/name_u], the fae princess is named [name_f]Emma[/name_f], etc. Does anyone have name ideas that are less “basic”? The MC’s name can stay more common/“normal” but I’d prefer if the [name_f]Princess[/name_f] had a rarer more royal sounding name.

A little bit about the story (this is all subject to change since I’m still figuring it out): basically the boy gets into trouble with the fae law and gets thrown in prison to be executed. The princess saves him but they have to escape and go back to the human world or they’ll both be killed.

The boy is your average brown haired, ordinary 15 year old boy. There isn’t anything special about him. He’s kinda scrawny but tall. His hair is messy 24/7 and he’s very awkward. I feel like his name should be something common, but not too modern. Something classic and simple.

The princess is the complete opposite. She has gorgeous long blonde hair and blue eyes. She’s kind of mischievous and hates always being expected to “act like a lady”, whatever that means. She has serious mommy issues. I feel like she would go by a shortened version of a long, pretentious name. She definitely has multiple middles and they’re all frilly and girly.

Any ideas are appreciated!

1 Like

For the boy the first name that came to mind was [name_m]Ethan[/name_m].

Maybe…
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_u]Douglas[/name_u]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Frank[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] / [name_m]Nathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Gregory[/name_m] " [name_m]Greg[/name_m] "
[name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] " [name_m]Pete[/name_m] "
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_u]Joseph[/name_u] " [name_u]Joey[/name_u] "
[name_u]Edward[/name_u] " [name_m]Ned[/name_m] "
[name_u]Callum[/name_u] / [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] " [name_u]Cal[/name_u] "
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u]
[name_u]Tyler[/name_u]
[name_m]Eric[/name_m]
[name_u]Robert[/name_u] " [name_u]Bobby[/name_u] "

The girl:
[name_f]Emmanuelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Ferelith[/name_f]
[name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Therese[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Antoinette[/name_f]
[name_f]Voltairine[/name_f]
[name_f]Peony[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Leonore[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

Examples

[name_u]Anne[/name_u] [name_f]Leonore[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_u]Marie[/name_u] [name_f]Emmanuelle[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Peony[/name_f] [name_f]Felicienne[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosaline[/name_f] [name_f]Voltairine[/name_f] [name_f]Therese[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_m]Boy[/name_m]: [name_u]Finn[/name_u], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], [name_u]Everett[/name_u]

[name_f]Girl[/name_f]: [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f], [name_f]Soleil[/name_f], [name_f]Maiara[/name_f], [name_f]Samara[/name_f], [name_f]Serenity[/name_f], [name_f]Avalina[/name_f]