Character Name - Original Story

So I tend to ask for help in naming characters for fanfictions, but this time I’m not doing that!
Basically I’m writing a story where the main character, [name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u], has a younger sister, but I don’t know what to call her. Here’s everything about this sister, though:
Age: [name_u]Eleven[/name_u]/twelve (birthday during the story)
Year of birth: 2008
Brief Description: Both [name_u]Vale[/name_u] sisters have dark brown hair though unlike [name_f]Emma[/name_f], who has green eyes, the unnamed one has blue.
Personality: [name_f]Emma[/name_f]’s sister is an extrovert, mostly, and is a… I believe the term is ‘realist’? She’s creative, as [name_f]Emma[/name_f] is, but her creativity comes in the form of the written word while [name_f]Emma[/name_f]’s is art. She is also extremely loyal and believes that you must always do whatever is required to do the right thing, regardless of how many ‘wrong things’ that must be done to achieve the final goal.
She obviously can’t be called something like ‘[name_f]Sapphire[/name_f]’ if you take ‘[name_f]Emma[/name_f]’ as coming from ‘[name_f]Emerald[/name_f]’ because a) how would that fit? and b) [name_f]Sapphire[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] sounds like a place, doesn’t it?
Anyway, I’d love to hear your ideas!

I dunno why, but to me she feels like a [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] or maybe an [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]/Aubrey

Some other suggestions: [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]/Sophia, [name_f]Martha[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]/Isabelle, and [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]

Hopes this helps!

1 Like

The only one here that I don’t think would work very well (though I still love the name) is [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] - [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_u]Vale[/name_u], it rhymes, I don’t know if it is, but that sounds kind of weird to me. And then [name_u]Abby[/name_u] [name_u]Vale[/name_u] would seem too ‘matchy’ with [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. But your suggestions are all very welcome, thank you!

1 Like

[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Liv[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsey[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
Melissa
Tina
Chloe

1 Like

It would feel weird to me, since [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is my name. I don’t avoid names of friends or family - while writing a [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] fanfiction I named a character [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and another one [name_f]Ava[/name_f] which are the names of my two sisters, and one of the mains is [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], the same name as my old best friend - but I’ve never had a character in any story called [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. Thanks for the suggestion regardless!

1 Like

She sounds like a [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Heidi[/name_f], or [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] to me :blush: