Character surnames help :)

As im sure many of you know surnames are HARD, especially if youre looking for a specific type (like me) I don’t know why, but Id really like some surnames that are two syllable, almost words… if that makes any sense, for example the style I like is Ledford and Sherburn, but they don’t quite fit.
I need a few surnames, and will group together characters with the same surnames (Siblings, cousins etc):
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]:
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], and [name_f]Alice[/name_f]:
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]:
And id just generally be grateful for ideas! Thanks!

alright I usually put in some sort of hidden meaning in my last names (e.g. [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]Falcon[/name_u], [name_u]Gray[/name_u] [name_u]Silver[/name_u], [name_f]Jeanine[/name_f] [name_f]Gracious[/name_f], [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] Sinistrus, etc.) but I really will try not to give you names like that cause it doesn’t seem like that’s what you’re looking for!

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]…[name_u]Kestrel[/name_u], Samford, [name_u]Briar[/name_u]

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], and [name_f]Alice[/name_f]…[name_m]Brooks[/name_m], [name_m]Kerrigan[/name_m], [name_u]Linden[/name_u]

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]…[name_u]Trace[/name_u], Barrow

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] like [name_f]Elena[/name_f] i often add a hidden meaning to the surname, either something that matches the personality or the completely opposite.

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] is a very short names, so I would probably use a longer surname, what about; Silverflower, [name_u]Sheridan[/name_u], Fernandez or Montero

I feel like [name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_f]Mathilda[/name_f] etc are all a bit Old fashioned: Belrose/[name_f]Melrose[/name_f], [name_m]Angelo[/name_m], Stanhope

Both [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] feel very fairytale like to me. Perhaps you could use a bird name: [name_u]Nightingale[/name_u], Goldfinch, Arrington

1 Like

[name_f]Live[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]: Cherbourg (pronounced shur-burg), [name_u]Tyler[/name_u], Jaxby, [name_m]Trenton[/name_m].
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], and [name_f]Alice[/name_f]: [name_u]Paxton[/name_u], Furlough, Borough.
[name_f]Sofie[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]: [name_m]Bartram[/name_m], Kensling, Kelling.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] tip/trick for surnames (or, at least the method that I use most often and that I’ve found works for me) is to look at the roster of your favorite sports teams. The number of characters who share a surname with current or former Sporting KC players… it could be an [name_f]Easter[/name_f] egg hunt in my works lol :slight_smile: . If you’re not into sports, maybe find a local team, or maybe look at the imdb of your favorite movie or TV show, or look through your school’s yearbook. Basically, I just find that looking at surnames often inspires me.

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]…
Rosewood
Greenwich
[name_m]Theron[/name_m]
[name_m]Bramble[/name_m]
[name_f]Lowry[/name_f]
[name_f]Arwen[/name_f]

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m], [name_u]Kai[/name_u], [name_f]Matilda[/name_f], [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_m]Peter[/name_m], and [name_f]Alice[/name_f]…
Belmont
[name_u]Calder[/name_u]
Halisford
[name_u]Carlisle[/name_u]
[name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_u]Logan[/name_u]

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_m]Felix[/name_m]…
Wooster
[name_u]Everglade[/name_u]
[name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
Greenwood
[name_u]Harlow[/name_u]
Newnan
[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]

1 Like

I’m going to add some links to sites dedicated to surnames so you can browse through them and see if you come across anything you like. The last link is my favorite and I often go to it when I’m searching for surnames.

https://www.surnamedb.com/Surname?alpha=A

2 Likes

Surnames that seem to be in the style you’re going for:
Langford
Fairwick
Wheelock
Hepburn
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
Cartwright
[name_m]Prescott[/name_m]
[name_m]Rickard[/name_m]
[name_m]Beaumont[/name_m]