Charlie, Leo, or Another?

See the results of this poll: Which boy’s name do you like best? Siblings are Jane Audrey and Henry Atlas

Respondents: 22 (This poll is closed)

• Charles (nn Charlie) Augustus Landrum: 14 (64%)
  • Leo Francis Landrum: 8 (36%)
  • Louis (mn?) Landrum: 0 (0%)

I’m not a huge fan of [name]Charlie[/name] on its own but as nn for [name]Charles[/name] it’s great! And perfect with [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Henry[/name]. [name]Charles[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] is a fabulous combo!!!

Saying that though, I adore [name]Leo[/name]! It has such a handsome quirky Victorian charm to it. I think it goes with [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] well.

Some ideas:

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Alden[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Byron[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Maxim[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Phinneas[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Tobin[/name]

[name]Louis[/name] [name]Anthony[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Everett[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Finlay[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Franklin[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name]
[name]Louis[/name] [name]Theron[/name]

Here are some random suggestions:

[name]August[/name]
[name]Edmund[/name] – I love [name]Edmund[/name] [name]Leo[/name]!
[name]Gareth[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
[name]Julian[/name]
[name]Tobin[/name]

I voted for [name]Charles[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] Landrum I think that name is perfect! It just stand outs.

I voted for [name]Charles[/name], too, but I love [name]Leo[/name], too! :slight_smile:

I’m so happy you’re going with [name]Louisa[/name]! :slight_smile:

Take care!

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] is so handsome! Very nice:) I love [name]Leo[/name] too but with your last name both [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Louis[/name] have to much of an alliteration thing going on, but that’s just me. [name]Charlie[/name] is a great nn too, I should know lol

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

Thanks you all! I have to admit, [name]Leo[/name] [name]Francis[/name] wasn’t doing a lot for me either - I like both names, but perhaps they don’t go together so well. I was just so bummed all my other combos got vetoed. Each had some sort of tie to family too. Plus, [name]Leo[/name]'s been my favorite boy name for over two years now, so its hard to let that go completely. [name]Just[/name] before bed, I asked my husband what he was currently thinking on names, and he just said, “not [name]Leo[/name].”

[name]Charles[/name] is a huge family name for my husband’s side, so that feels right in a way (and frankly, odd that no one else has used it yet - this will be my in-law’s 13th grandkid or something - they even have 6 great-grandchildren!). And [name]Augustus[/name] will honor my mom’s side of the family even though I know nothing about that particular ancestor. I just hope there aren’t other little [name]Charlie[/name]'s his age every where we go!

I love [name]Leo[/name] too…my family vetoed as well.

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] Landrum is absolutely incredible! And, [name]Charlie[/name] will always be a popular name, as most classics are. However, I think as names like [name]Brayden[/name] and Zaide become more common, [name]Charlie[/name] will seem refreshingly normal and simply handsome! A

I think [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Charles[/name] Landrum, with the nickname [name]Leo[/name], would flow better than just [name]Leo[/name] personally.

Thanks [name]Lemon[/name]! I agree [name]Leopold[/name] is nice, but my husband vetoed [name]Leo[/name] in all its forms . . . AND I thought he might be having second thoughts about [name]Charles[/name] and/or [name]Augustus[/name] because I caught him looking at “Beyond [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Aidan[/name]” – so I e-mailed him [name]Elea[/name]'s list of ideas, and he said he preferred [name]Atticus[/name] to [name]Augustus[/name] really. Turns out, he was looking at the baby name book because he had a mind block and could only remember he really liked the name from To Kill A Mockingbird but was too lazy to come downstairs and find the book! (I had, of course, parked the baby naming books on his nightstand a couple of months ago!)

I felt that [name]Augustus[/name] might flow a little better than [name]Atticus[/name], but screaming “[name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name]” upstairs seemed to work better (in my imagination - I did not actually try it out:)). And, being Greek, its closer to my son’s middle name, [name]Atlas[/name], which my husband also loved and pushed for. Also, and this was not a deciding factor by any means, but I realized [name]Charles[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] is the name of the [name]Lindbergh[/name] baby – I wasn’t going to let that stop me, but it felt like a little hiccup. Anyway, I’ve got two weeks and one day (at most) to go, and we’ll see whether we’ve got a [name]Charlie[/name] or a [name]Louisa[/name]! Thanks to you all!

I love that you’re considering [name]Atticus[/name] now in place of [name]Augustus[/name]. While I think that [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] flows well, I can’t get [name]Charlie[/name] and the Chocolate Factory (with [name]Augustus[/name] Gloop) out of my head.

Now that I think about it, [name]Leo[/name] Landrum does sound a bit silly, so I vote [name]Charles[/name] wholeheartedly! So cute! [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] is cute - I liked [name]Augustus[/name] better for flow, but I agree yelling that might be a mouthful! So, do you have another son with the middle name [name]Atlas[/name], then? If so, maybe you want to go with an even more mythological Greek name for [name]Charles[/name]? [name]Apollo[/name], [name]Artemis[/name], [name]Cadmus[/name], [name]Demetrius[/name], [name]Hector[/name], [name]Homer[/name], [name]Lysander[/name], [name]Nicodemus[/name], [name]Ptolemy[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Thaddeus[/name], and [name]Zacchaeus[/name] all come to mind as good options!

Also, I forgot (or you didn’t say) what the middle name will be if you get a [name]Louisa[/name]! So, what were you thinking if you have a little princess?

Now that I think about it, [name]Leo[/name] Landrum does sound a bit silly, so I vote [name]Charles[/name] wholeheartedly! So cute! [name]Charles[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] is cute - I liked [name]Augustus[/name] better for flow, but I agree yelling that might be a mouthful! So, do you have another son with the middle name [name]Atlas[/name], then? If so, maybe you want to go with an even more mythological Greek name for [name]Charles[/name]? [name]Apollo[/name], [name]Artemis[/name], [name]Cadmus[/name], [name]Demetrius[/name], [name]Hector[/name], [name]Homer[/name], [name]Lysander[/name], [name]Nicodemus[/name], [name]Ptolemy[/name], [name]Sebastian[/name], [name]Thaddeus[/name], and [name]Zacchaeus[/name] all come to mind as good options!

Also, I forgot (or you didn’t say) what the middle name will be if you get a [name]Louisa[/name]! So, what were you thinking if you have a little princess?[/quote]

[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] – I had a thread on the siblings page a while back. My other children are: [name]Jane[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Atlas[/name]. [name]Margaret[/name] had more family significance than some other really pretty options. [name]Atticus[/name] does not, but my husband is REALLY liking it, so I bet he won’t budge now. I do like [name]Thaddeus[/name] a lot though!

[quote="
[name"]
Louisa[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] – I had a thread on the siblings page a while back. My other children are: [name]Jane[/name] [name]Audrey[/name] and [name]Henry[/name] [name]Atlas[/name]. [name]Margaret[/name] had more family significance than some other really pretty options. [name]Atticus[/name] does not, but my husband is REALLY liking it, so I bet he won’t budge now. I do like [name]Thaddeus[/name] a lot though!
[/quote]

I really like [name]Leo[/name] the best but it sounds like that is out now. [name]Charles[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] is a bit much for me: too much like a couple of French kings. [name]Atticus[/name] or [name]Thaddeus[/name] would go great with your other children’s names!
[name]Atticus[/name] [name]Leo[/name] is terrific! [name]Thaddeus[/name] [name]Charles[/name] is nice too.