Charlotte Eden Grier?

I’ve been searching for a second MN to pair with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] for what seems like forever, and after family names weren’t seeming to work, I looked to other one-syllable names I just liked with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name], and I stumbled across [name]Grier[/name]. I usually don’t go for unisex names, but I really like [name]Grier[/name], and it’s only a MN. I’ve always been more open to using unisex names in the MN spot.

I really wanted a family connection, and I liked that [name]Charlotte[/name] is the feminine form of a name my mom always wanted to use for a son ([name]Charles[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]), so it would be a slight nod to her, but I wanted a bit stronger of a connection. When I came across [name]Grier[/name], I started looking at the names in my family, and I realized that three of the letters in my parents and siblings names (excluding our surname) were also in [name]Grier[/name]. Four of the letters in one grandmother’s name was also in [name]Grier[/name], and two in the other grandmother’s name–I thought that was a pretty cool connection to my family. WDYT? I know it’s a huge stretch, but I think it would be a cool connection between [name]Grier[/name] and the rest of my family… Is there enough of a connection, though?

While we’re at it, wdyt of [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grier[/name]?

Other options I’m looking at right now are [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Rose[/name]/[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Rue[/name], and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]…

Thanks, ladies!

I definitely think it’s enough of a connection! I like subtle connections far more than obvious ones.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grier[/name] is interesing! I like the spunk it adds.

I’d like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Briar[/name] as well.
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] is my top, I really like [name]Eden[/name] [name]Rue[/name], and [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grier[/name] is neat.

I absolutely love [name]Grier[/name] (I think I suggested it in your other thread) and I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grier[/name] works really well - as a second middle, it’s a nice counterpoint to the lovely but uber-feminine [name]Eden[/name]. I think the family connection is pretty cool, totally works. :slight_smile:

@east93 - Ohh, don’t tell me that! I absolutely love [name]Briar[/name], but I really don’t want another two-syllable name with [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Eden[/name]. :frowning:

@esrever88 - I think several people did! haha. It’s a lovely name, and I’ve been noticing it more and more lately.

I’m glad you both think it works–I was afraid it was a huge stretch!

I’m rather smitten with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] atm, too–my one sister’s favorite flower (and birth flower, coincidentally) is the rose, and my other sister’s name is [name]Natalie[/name], so I thought it was a rather clever smoosh to honor them. :slight_smile: [name]Rue[/name] and [name]Noelle[/name] are a lot less clever… [name]Rue[/name] is after [name]Ruth[/name] (grandmother’s FN; [name]Natalie[/name]'s MN), and [name]Noelle[/name] is another French, [name]Christmas[/name] “N” name, just like [name]Natalie[/name]…

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grier[/name] is beautiful, I actually really like it.

[name]Grier[/name]/[name]Greer[/name] is one of a few masculine names that I love on a girl ([name]Arden[/name], [name]Darby[/name], [name]Sutton[/name], [name]Greer[/name], [name]Peyton[/name]) and I definitely think the connection is strong enough to work.

[name]Rosalie[/name] seems a little long to go with it, so I do think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grier[/name] fits perfectly.

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grier[/name] is gorgeous! I think as long as you feel the connection, then it’s enough.

lol, that’s the problem! I’m not sure I do feel that the connection is enough. Although, if I include last names, both my grandmothers have all the letters of [name]Grier[/name] somewhere in their names, and everyone else has 4 of the 5 letters in their full names…

I think [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grier[/name] is perfect-I agree with the [name]Grier[/name] balancing out the [name]Eden[/name].
I love the name [name]Rosalie[/name] but [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] is a bit of a mouthful to say.
Go with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grier[/name]! :]

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grier[/name] is soooo beautiful imo. I love it. Kudos to you berries who are amazing at putting these 3 name combos together, I just had to pick 2 and found it very difficult lol

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grier[/name] flows nicely. But had I not known how you created it from your post, I would have assumed [name]Grier[/name] is the family name that you were honoring.

But you’ve got a winner here–[name]Charlotte[/name] is my absolute favorite name for a baby girl!

:slight_smile: [name]Cris[/name]

Well, im going to be the odd one out, I dont think the connection is enough. Its overthinking it imo. However, that is one Gorgeous combination!!
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name] [name]Grier[/name] is so beautiful, definately my kind of style! If I stole it, I would hve to use [name]Eden[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Grier[/name] or [name]Greer[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Eden[/name], tho I much like the way you have it best. The other options youre considering just dont have the same effect as [name]Grier[/name] does in this case. Keep it,

@[name]Karen[/name] - lol, I knew someone wouldn’t think the family connection was enough! TBH, I’m not sure it is, either, but with the connection to my mom with [name]Charlotte[/name], I thought it might have a chance. I still really like the others, too ([name]Rose[/name] not so much, but definitely [name]Rosalie[/name], [name]Rue[/name], and [name]Noelle[/name]), so I’m not sure which I’ll decide on. At least I feel like I have my [name]Charlotte[/name] combo somewhere in that list, though. Earlier I wasn’t so sure…

[name]Grier[/name] is pronounced like [name]Greer[/name] right?!

Yes… it is.