Charlotte Vs. Isabelle which do you prefer?

So I am pretty sure we have decided on [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Anne[/name] for baby coming in late [name]April[/name]… wish I were not still having doubts…but the truth of the matter is, I am =0( … I love [name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Isabel[/name], and I am still wondering if [name]Isabelle[/name] is better suited for the first name. [name]Just[/name] a reminder our other girls names are : [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] (this baby will only be 13 months apart from [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], so while I don’t want their names “matchy” I want them to have a similar style…

So with that in mind, which name do you prefer?

Charlottel [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Anne[/name] (though DH prefers [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name], b/c he really wants to call her “[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name]”… I am just not “sold” on that combo)

[name]Isabel[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name]

Also , we have considered [name]Lily[/name]: [name]Lily[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]

[name]Isabel[/name] (spelt this way) is my personal fav but I like [name]Charlotte[/name] too and adore the nn [name]Lottie[/name]! If you want a name that matches [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], then in my mind [name]Isabelle[/name] matches [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] matches [name]Sophie[/name]. So I’d go with [name]Charlotte[/name] using that criteria! [name]Hope[/name] that helps :slight_smile:

With [name]Maggie[/name], [name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name], [name]Emma[/name], [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], I prefer [name]Charlotte[/name]! I think [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name] go perfectly together! (Could you perhaps use [name]Isabel[/name] for a future daughter?)

I prefer [name]Isabel/name but I also really like [name]Charlotte[/name], and I think it goes better with your other daughters. I agree with the pp who said [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name] because you may want to use [name]Isabel/name for a future daughter, if you’re planning to have any! Good luck, you must be a supermom to have all those kids! ([name]Love[/name] the name [name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name], btw)

Thank you ladies!! [name]Charlotte[/name] has been my “gut” name for this baby, and DH loves it… but I have met a lot of opposition from my family (they do not like it, which I think is causing me extra doubt)… oh well, I know they will learn to love it as we do. All of my girls have three names, except for my oldest daughter… We really wanted to continue that tradition, which is why I was considering putting [name]Isabel[/name] in the name…

Not super mom by far, but I have been extremly blessed and I do love being a mom!! This is blessing number 9 for us and we are so excited!! [name]Levi[/name] and [name]Isaiah[/name] we adopted from [name]Kenya[/name]… as for more… we will see =0) Still each one I put a ton of time and thought into the name, each baby is such a gift! Plus I am a bit…o.k. a lot name obsessed!!!

All of our chidren are:
[name]Maggie[/name] D’[name]Shea[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Kelsey[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] [name]Soledad[/name]
[name]Emma[/name] [name]Addison[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Levi[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Isaiah[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]-[name]Claire[/name] [name]Juliette[/name]

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name] =0) I do still think that is the name that fits best, though I really like the sound of [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]!

I prefer [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] with [name]Isabella[/name] being the number one name, and [name]Isabel[/name]/[name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Isobel[/name] isn’t going to stand out much, and I think [name]Charlotte[/name] fits better with your kids names.

I really like the combination [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Anne[/name] for many reasons. I think it goes perfectly with your other daughters’ names and I love the way [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Isabel[/name], and [name]Anne[/name] flow together. And if [name]Charlotte[/name]'s your gut name, then by all means… Go for it!

If you don’t mind that [name]Isabel[/name] is another name for [name]Elizabeth[/name] (your daughter [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name]), then by all means [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is the name to choose. I would not use [name]Isabel[/name] as a first name for that reason. Other alternatives are [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mirabel[/name] but I do realize how much you love [name]Isabel[/name] .

[name]Isabelle[/name] [name]Kate[/name] would be lovely and they say that when [name]Prince[/name] [name]William[/name] marries in 2011 that [name]Kate[/name] will be THE baby name.

rollo :slight_smile:

PS I wouldn’t care at all if I had an [name]Elizabeth[/name] and an [name]Isabelle[/name] to me they are two totally different names.

[name]Isabelle[/name] being the same meaning as [name]Elizabeth[/name], doesn’t bother me, as they are so different sounding… but I wouldn’t use [name]Kate[/name], simply because it is [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Elizabeth[/name]'s middle name (after my mother) so I wouldn’t want to reuse it.

I am still feeling like it is going to be [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Anne[/name]… I just love that combo. Dh has talked to me about [name]Charlotte[/name]-[name]Ann[/name] …I don’t know It just doesn’t to me have the same elegance as [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Anne[/name], even just [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]…

I know what you mean about [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name] as opposed to [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Anne[/name]. When you look at [name]Charlotte[/name] with just [name]Anne[/name] alone, it just seems like a “filler” name, doesn’t it?

I love [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Anne[/name] with your other children’s names! Such a beautiful name!!! I think your husband could still call her [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name] (could be his own pet name for her) even though her full name is [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Anne[/name]. [name]Just[/name] a thought… :slight_smile:

Yes, yes, yes! [name]Mischa[/name]! Exactly… [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Anne[/name] alone seems a bit like a filler to me… that was the way I was looking to describe it! Where as [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Anne[/name] to me just sounds more elegant…

[name]Isobel[/name] (spelled the Scottish way) [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ann[/name] would be my pick… Or [name]Charlotte[/name] nn [name]Carly[/name] :slight_smile: