Checking for Slangs or Negative Cultural Meanings

Hi everyone,
This is my second post and thanks to people whose useful opinions made me think about another name as the one I had chosen before reminded a slang word with a rude meaning.
[name_f]My[/name_f] other names are, Radvin (the ‘a’ is supposed to be pronounced as ‘a’ in “all”) and Dario.
I wonder if these two names are rhyming with any word with a negative/bad/rude meaning or if any point regarding these two names could be a cause for being teased/ bullied at school.
Regards,
:blush:

I can’t see anything :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Neither reminds me of anything bad!

1 Like

I can’t really see anything either. Radvin makes me think of [name_u]Red[/name_u] wine, but that’s all I can see

1 Like

The only thing I can think of is [name_m]Dario[/name_m] sounding a bit like diarrhea

2 Likes

I can’t see any problems, both sound good!

1 Like

No bad associations for me ( I’m from the US for reference). LOVE the name [name_m]Dario[/name_m] btw!

1 Like

I think they’re both fine :slight_smile: Radvin would be shortened to [name_m]Rad[/name_m] but I don’t think that’s negative

1 Like

Thank you all for your replies. As for the spelling of Radvin do you have any recommendation?
In the original pronunciation, the ‘a’ should sound like ‘a’ in “all”.
I afraid if I spell it like Rodvin, the word “rod” makes a problem. As “rod” have different meanings such as a bar/ pole or in slang it’s a colourful euphemism for penis, I’m not sure if it’s the right decision to spell it this way.
I know there are names such as [name_m]Rodrick[/name_m] or [name_m]Rodney[/name_m] but as my previous favourite name was Nickrod and I received comments that “rod” at the end makes some problem such as reminding the word ‘dickwad’, so I have a doubt to spell Rodvin like with an ‘o’.
It could be Raadvin too.
I appreciate if you give me your advice regarding the spelling.