Chihuahua Puppy Names?

I am soon getting a male sable Chihuahua puppy.

Our other Chihuahua’s name is [name_m]Francisco[/name_m] “Pancho,” after [name_m]Pancho[/name_m] [name_f]Villa[/name_f].

I like…

• [name_m]Emiliano[/name_m] “Emilio” or “Milo” (after [name_m]Emiliano[/name_m] Zapata)
  • [name_m]Desiderio[/name_m] “Desi” (after I [name_u]Love[/name_u] Lucy/Desi Arnaz)
  • [name_m]Mortimer[/name_m] “Mort(y)” (spooky sounding name…I love anything dark and Halloween)
  • [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] (I just have liked this name ever since reading To Kill a Mockingbird as a child)
  • [name_m]Santiago[/name_m] “Santi”
  • [name_m]Ricardo[/name_m] (love this but I’m not sure how I feel about [name_u]Ricky[/name_u], I don’t like [name_m]Rico[/name_m], and fear just [name_m]Ricardo[/name_m] is too much of a name for the little guy)

Names I like but cannot use…

• [name_m]Roberto[/name_m] “Beto”
  • [name_u]Moe[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Angel[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Valentino[/name_m] “Tino”
  • [name_m]Jesus[/name_m] “Chuy”

I would prefer a Spanish name since he is a Chihuahua, but unfortunately the majority of Spanish names I think of, either myself or my girlfriend already know someone with that name.

I love old Hollywood, classic literature, the goth subculture…want something unique, and I’m terribly indecisive, and I’m sure you guys could come up with something!

It’s tough because I have SO many girl names I would love to use but when it comes to boys names? There’s something wrong with each one of them.

Not related to goth culture, literature, etc, but… I’ve always thought Pico would be adorable for a chihuahua. Like pico de gallo.

I love [name_m]Santiago[/name_m]!

Congrats! I love all of your ideas and the connections you have to them!

And I love Pancho’s name! I think my favorite of what you’ve suggested is [name_m]Desiderio[/name_m] “Desi.” It fits well with [name_m]Pancho[/name_m], it has a reason you chose it, it’s Spanish like you’re looking for, and it has a nod to days gone by. So it’s pretty perfect.

But here are some either ideas:

• [name_u]Rio[/name_u] (like [name_f]Dolores[/name_f] [name_u]Del[/name_u] [name_u]Rio[/name_u], but I’m not sure if this is too short compared to Pancho’s full name)
  • Gomez (like Gomez Addams)
  • [name_m]Ramon[/name_m] (like [name_m]Ramon[/name_m] Novarro, nicknames Monchi or Ray)

[name_m]Amadeo[/name_m]
[name_m]Bruno[/name_m]
[name_m]Fernando[/name_m] ‘Nando’
[name_m]Guillermo[/name_m] ‘Mo’
Honorato ‘Honey’
[name_m]Horatio[/name_m]
[name_m]Ignacio[/name_m] ‘Nacho’
[name_u]Leo[/name_u]
[name_m]Ricardo[/name_m] ‘Rio’