Child's name similar to the parent

Would [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] be a no go if your name was [name_f]Christin[/name_f] :confused: :stuck_out_tongue:

No, I think thatā€™s far enough apart. Especially since your name is now ā€œMom.ā€

I agreeā€¦

My youngest calls me [name_f]Christin[/name_f] more than momā€¦no idea why :o

I think they are far enough away to be okay. To me too close is something like my name is [name_f]Julia[/name_f] and naming my daughter [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] or my son [name_m]Julian[/name_m].

Funny, my name actually is [name_f]Kristin[/name_f] and yeah, I would never give a son the name [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] even though I like it. My husband and I kind of liked [name_m]Wystan[/name_m] (the poet W.H. [name_u]Auden[/name_u]'s first name) and then it occurred to me that I might have to say the sentence, ā€œ[name_m]Hi[/name_m], Iā€™m [name_f]Kristin[/name_f], and this is my son [name_m]Wystan[/name_m].ā€ We collapsed into giggles and were like ā€œokay, so letā€™s clearly go with [name_u]Auden[/name_u] instead.ā€

I think youā€™re safe! Anyway, itā€™s not a big problem, and Iā€™m speaking from personal experience - my name is [name_f]Layla[/name_f] and I have a [name_f]Lola[/name_f]! :slight_smile:

My partner is [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and Iā€™m [name_f]Kate[/name_f], I once joked to him that we could name our children [name_f]Kristen[/name_f] and [name_u]Tate[/name_u] and he said that he actually liked the idea of [name_f]Kristen[/name_f]. This is coming from a man who wants to name a son or daughter [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] though soā€¦ Yeah.

I think itā€™s far enough away and they are both well established names, itā€™s not like youā€™re [name_u]Julie[/name_u] and naming a kid [name_u]July[/name_u] (which is not so well known as an actual name).

I think itā€™s fine, and I second @aleerakate about them both being established names

I ā€˜thirdā€™ @aleerakate. Itā€™s not unheard of for couples to do this, in an honouring way. Think of [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_u]Jaden[/name_u] [name_m]Smith[/name_m], after all! Thatā€™s a more extreme example, but itā€™s definitely doable. [name_f]Christin[/name_f] and [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] are fine, especially because they donā€™t even look that similar.