Chloe...

Is it really that popular? I just mentioned it to my husband and he actually said it was a pretty name, that is a record for us he hates all names I mention. Another thing is it is my aunts dogs name but then again my aunt lives out of town and I dont see her that much.

[name]Hi[/name] my granddaughter is named [name]Chloe[/name] and she is going on 3 and in general we are not finding kids in that age group are named [name]Chloe[/name] they tend to be older.

It is a lovely name.

I can’t help wondering what you mean when you ask whether [name]Chloe[/name] is “that popular.” It’s in the Top 10 based on national statistics, so that’s a hard fact, not just an impression. It’s been among the 25 most popular names for more than five years now and stands to remain as popular, if not to become even more so thanks to the fame of [name]Khloe[/name] Kardashian, well into the future. Nearly 12,000 baby girls got the name last year.

That said, [name]Chloe[/name] is a lovely name that perfectly balances the traditional and the modern. It’s international without feeling at all strange and difficult (though some people still have trouble spelling or pronouncing it). And, as the mom of a son named [name]Joe[/name], an even more popular name by the numbers, I can tell you that in fact we ran into very few Joes over the years, so you won’t necessarily meet other little Chloes coming and going.

The proportion of children who receive top names is shrinking all the time, so there are fewer Chloes (and Emmas and Isabellas) now than there were Jennifers and Karens in their day.

You might consider (if you haven’t already done so) looking at the statistics for your state as they might differ from the national. If you don’t hear the name around you a lot, then it might be rare enough for you to use. I love [name]Chloe[/name] too, so I can definitely see its appeal.

My baby girl is due next month and [name]Chloe[/name] is our top name at the moment. I know its popular, but I [name]LOVE[/name] it. It’s a beautiful name. I live in [name]Texas[/name] adn I have only met two little girls names [name]CHloe[/name] in the last year.

I really like [name]Chloe[/name] since I first heard it (from the TV show ER!) and didn’t know it’s such a popular name in stats - though I don’t personally know of any…

I would use it, except my in-laws have a cat called [name]Chloe[/name] :frowning:

[name]Chloe[/name] is a nice name. My brother wanted it for his daughter but was vetoed by the mom. And if the husband agrees then all the more better. I do know of a couple of [name]Chloe[/name]'s in a mom’s group I"m in but they aren’t the same age. And I agree with [name]Pam[/name] - there is wider range of names so it wouldn’t be like when I was growing up and there were 5 Jessicas in the same grade. If you really like and the aunt’s dog thing doesn’t bother you much than go for it.