Choose one :)

I have some new favorites, so choose your favorite and least favorite out of all the names I love and tell me why you like/dislike them. Comments on all names appreciated, if you haven’t already or just feel like doing it again :slight_smile:

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f]
[name_f]Haley[/name_f] (hay-lee)
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Holly[/name_f]
[name_f]Kyra[/name_f] (ky-ra)
[name_f]Emery[/name_f]
[name_f]Everly[/name_f]
[name_f]Luana[/name_f] (loo-AH-na)
[name_f]Clio[/name_f] (klee-o)
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] (ly-ra)
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I love everly especially as a middle name but I’m drawn to [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] lately.

Such a gorgeous name :blossom::black_heart:🩵:heartbeat:

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite name is [name_f]Lily[/name_f] she’s elegant, timeless, has gorgeous floral connotations and I like that she has a down to earth girl next door feel. I’m a huge fan of [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and her variants so obviously I would go with [name_f]Lily[/name_f]. I mean my own daughter is [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] nickname [name_f]Lily[/name_f]!

[name_f]My[/name_f] least favourite is [name_f]Kyra[/name_f] I’m not really a fan of names with a ‘harsher’ K sound they just do not appeal to my softer eared palette. I prefer names with a more melodic sound.

1 Like

[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is a personal favorite of mine, so she takes the cake, but I love [name_f]Clio[/name_f] almost as much! [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] retains a sweet, vintage air while also feeling sassy and fun. :heart_eyes:

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] is my least favorite from your list because I really dislike the “scar” part. It’s a pretty color, but I don’t like it as a name.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Luana[/name_f] and [name_f]Clio[/name_f]! I couldn’t tell you which one I love most - they both have really cool sounds that are familiar but unique, and they feel very warm, cheerful and summery! They sound on-trend but don’t feel tied to any decade or general time period, which is also a bonus!

[name_f]My[/name_f] least favourite is probably between [name_f]Kyra[/name_f] and [name_f]Everly[/name_f] - [name_f]Kyra[/name_f] feels a bit harsh and dated to me, and while [name_f]Everly[/name_f] sounds sweet, I think it will eventually feel quite dated to the late 2010’s & 2020’s.

1 Like

Favourite: [name_f]Clio[/name_f] - prefer the spelling [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] but I love this. It’s always been a favourite of mine. It’s such a simple yet beautiful, different/not overly popular yet well recognised name.

Least Favourite: [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] - [name_m]Ive[/name_m] personally never seen the appeal of this name, don’t get me wrong I don’t think it’s a bad name it’s just not one that jumps out at me or I feel drawn too.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]. A beautiful meaning and sound, elegant and princessy but with a concise, unfussy vibe - familiar but distinctive.

Runners up would be [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] (bright, sharp and literary with sweetness too), [name_f]Luana[/name_f] (appealing, familiar-with-a-twist, and just lovely), [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] (lovely, warm and sweet)

[name_f]My[/name_f] least favourite is probably [name_f]Emery[/name_f] - it’s not bad by any means, I just don’t find it interesting or sparky for a girl

1 Like

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] would be my favourite and [name_f]Emery[/name_f] my least favourite, but overall you have a lovely list!

1 Like

its so hard to pick a favorite because they are all so nice but i think i would have to go with clio! its such a bright and playful name :sun_with_face:

1 Like

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] - feminine and smart but she always feels tomboyish (which is weird for how feminine she is). I prefer [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], myself, but I do like her a lot.
[name_f]Haley[/name_f] - I feel like I’ve heard too much of her over the past 20 years but it is a nice name with a sweet sound. I prefer the [name_f]Hayley[/name_f] spelling, and [name_f]Eilidh[/name_f] (Aylee) in general.
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] - love [name_f]Lily[/name_f]! Also love [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], and [name_f]Lillevi[/name_f].
[name_f]Holly[/name_f] - love that she reminds me of [name_f]Christmas[/name_f], but there are other [name_f]Christmas[/name_f] names I like more.
[name_f]Kyra[/name_f] - prefer Keira/Ciara (keer-ah), but [name_f]Kyra[/name_f] is nice.
[name_f]Emery[/name_f] - prefer [name_f]Emily[/name_f] or [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f], but I can appreciate [name_f]Emery[/name_f].
[name_f]Everly[/name_f] - not my usual style, but I do love it! I’d love to have a little [name_f]Everly[/name_f] in my life.
[name_f]Luana[/name_f] - there was a really sweet [name_f]Luana[/name_f] in my life several years ago, but I prefer [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] myself, or [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], of the [name_f]Lou[/name_f] names.
[name_f]Clio[/name_f] - wouldn’t use it myself, but I like seeing it - [name_f]Clio[/name_f] is unexpected and free spirited and full of personality.
[name_f]Lyra[/name_f] - love, love, love [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]!
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] - love [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] a lot. So much that I considered changing my name to it a few years ago… if anything besides my own name, I would probably be an [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] (or an Aurora). I love it a lot, and I adore [name_f]Annie[/name_f] and [name_f]Bella[/name_f] as nicknames.
[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] - prefer [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Mira[/name_f] (LOVE Mira), but [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] is nice!
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] - very familiar, but I love her!

[name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Everly[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f], and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is my favorites!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]. It’s a pretty name without being too frilly, it’s smart and sophisticated, yet simple and sweet.

[name_f]My[/name_f] least favourite would be [name_f]Lily[/name_f], because I find it difficult to say and feel it’s a bit lightweight.

2 Likes

Favourite is Annabel :heart: I just really like this soft , pretty and classic Scottish name - its sweet on a little one but elegant on a lady, and I much prefer it to the ubiquitous Isabelle. Scarlett is also very nice, and Clio would be up there as a favourite spelled Cleo but the Clio pronunciation is too tied to the car model for me. Lyra is pretty and I like the literary reference. Least favourites are the H names and the E names, and Kyra. I find Holly and Haley dated, and the others just aren’t my style.

Annabel is my one :blush:

1 Like

[name_f]Haley[/name_f], [name_f]Everly[/name_f], [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] (my favourites)
I like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Holly[/name_f], [name_f]Emery[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Kyra[/name_f], [name_f]Luana[/name_f], [name_f]Clio[/name_f], [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] (not my style but still nice)

Most favourite is [name_f]Haley[/name_f] and least favourite is probably [name_f]Luana[/name_f]

1 Like

I have many of your favorites on my list! It is difficult to choose a favorite, but today I’m going with [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]. The meaning “wonderful” is magical. [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] sound is so sweet, gentle, elegant and lovely. I adore that [name_f]Mira[/name_f] means “sea, ocean” in Sanskrit and “peace or world” in Slavic. At the same time, [name_f]Belle[/name_f] “beauty” also works as a nickname for [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]. This name is enchanting! International, captivating, lively and joyful.

I’m a big admirer of [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Everly[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] are really nice too. It’s good to see [name_f]Luana[/name_f]. It’s an unique, stunning and melodic choice. I adore that is similar to [name_f]Lua[/name_f] (“moon” in Portuguese).

[name_f]My[/name_f] least favorite name is probably [name_f]Kyra[/name_f]. It’s short and cute, but I don’t see it as a timeless choice. I can easily imagine a young [name_f]Kyra[/name_f], but it’s not a name that I would visualize for someone with 50, 67, 78, 81 or 93 years old. It has an interesting meaning, but it is not my style.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Lily[/name_f]! It’s so elegant and feminine, but gives a flowy, summer feel when you say it.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. [name_m]Classic[/name_m] and feminine. [name_f]My[/name_f] least favourite is [name_f]Haley[/name_f]. It just doesn’t appeal at all. I also like [name_f]Lily[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] a lot.

1 Like

I think out of all of them I love (in no particular order) [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Luana[/name_f], [name_f]Clio[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f] the most! I tend to love rarer and more uncommon names that are still easy to read and pronounce so I think that’s why I’m most drawn to these. [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] would be my next favourite after these and it’s really only lower because I know so many girls named [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and they’re all spread out in age (like 3-30 years old)

I also recently heard [name_f]Lettie[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] which I think is super cute and gives a more youthful nickname option as [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] alone always seems very mature to me on a child or baby

I actually like most of the names on your list! I’d say my least favourite would be [name_f]Haley[/name_f] but that’s solely because I went to school with a super mean girl who spelt her name that way. I also prefer [name_f]Hailey[/name_f] to [name_f]Haley[/name_f], but that negative association really turned me against [name_f]Haley[/name_f]

Besides that I prefer [name_f]Annabelle[/name_f] to [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] because it seems almost unfinished to me without the extra le, which is weird though because I love [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] over [name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]. And I really do like [name_f]Mirabel[/name_f] but I have the [name_f]Disney[/name_f] association to it (not a bad thing but since the movie just came out I feel like it’s more associated to the name)

Great list though! I love seeing people share all the names they love because it gives me more names to add to my own list lol!

1 Like

Favourite
[name_f]Everly[/name_f]- I think it has a sweet sound and look to it. It’s not so common where I’m from, and also it reminds me of the [name_f]Everly[/name_f] brothers (I love the [name_f]Everly[/name_f] Brothers :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

Least favourite
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]- I’m sadly not a fan of this version of the name because I just know sooo many Lily’s and also because I just don’t enjoy the spelling as much as some might. Definitely not my favourite, I’m sorry to anyone who really likes it.

Other likes: [name_f]Holly[/name_f] and [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]

Other dislikes: [name_f]Emery[/name_f], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Kyra[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Lyra[/name_f], which may just be a favourite name of mine period. It’s easy enough to read and spell, short and spunky, but also has an other worldly vibe that isn’t normally attainable.

Least favourite is [name_f]Luana[/name_f]. It just gives a bit of a dated, low-class energy that I’m not digging.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite is [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], I just think it’s a beautiful name and not too popular.
[name_f]My[/name_f] least favorite is [name_f]Luana[/name_f], I think you will always have pronunciation problems.

1 Like