Choosing a middle name for ...

I really like [name_f]Lilly[/name_f]! I think it’s pretty and I’m so happy you’ve chosen a name you both love! [name_f]Mia[/name_f] & [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] is so cute!

I don’t think of [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] as the female version of [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. I think [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] would be perfect to honour [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] is stunning! I think [name_f]Mia[/name_f] [name_f]Kaelyn[/name_f] & [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] are such a beautiful combo!

Really sorry, but I agree with you, [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] sounds pretty, but 2 flower names really bothers me. Maybe [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] because [name_f]Camellia[/name_f] is so unique and not a common flower (around where I live at least). [name_f]Rose[/name_f] just doesn’t work with [name_f]Lilly[/name_f].

If you don’t love [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Michaela[/name_f], then how about any name starting with M?
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Makayla[/name_f] (variation of [name_f]Michaela[/name_f]? I prefer [name_f]Michaela[/name_f], but not everyone does)
[name_f]Lily[/name_f] [name_f]Maria[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Melissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_u]Micah[/name_u]

Or how about a name with the same meaning as [name_u]Michael[/name_u]? (Meaning is: Who is like god?)

• On nameberry search, that only brought up [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] (and spelling variations) and [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] (and spelling variations). I don’t love [name_f]Michelle[/name_f], I think it’s really dated, and not very pretty with [name_f]Lilly[/name_f].

Then I thought, how about a name with the same meaning as [name_f]Kaelyn[/name_f]? A way to link the girls? But that only brought up [name_f]Kayla[/name_f], [name_f]Kaylie[/name_f] & [name_f]Kelila[/name_f] - all of which are too similar to [name_f]Kaelyn[/name_f] for my tastes.

Well, good luck! Make sure you tell us what you end up choosing! I’m so curious! (I’ve commented on your posts before about her first name :stuck_out_tongue: )

I have a niece named [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].

I’m personally not a fan of the name [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] but it flows lovely with [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] as a first name, and it suits her so much. She is also spelt [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] with a double ‘L’ if that helps any. She has one other ‘[name_f]Lily[/name_f]’ in her class so the teacher uses the different spelling to distinguish between them. It works well.

Other suggestions:

[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Maree[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] / [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] (although that’s close to [name_f]Kaelyn[/name_f] so maybe not- but I like it all the same)
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Emmaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Estelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] Evangaline
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Renae[/name_f]

I also quite like [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]- but what about a variation? Maybe [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f], [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Rosette[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosetta[/name_f], [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Rosa[/name_f], [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemund[/name_f], [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Rochelle[/name_f] even?

[name_f]Mia[/name_f] [name_f]Kaelyn[/name_f] is a lovely name! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Mia[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] as sisters. I like the sugestion of [name_f]Michaela[/name_f]. My only hesitation with that is both [name_f]Kaelyn[/name_f] and michaela share the [name_u]Kay[/name_u] sound. Seems very matchy. [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Michelle[/name_f] is a okay. [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] [name_f]Marcella[/name_f] or [name_f]Lilly[/name_f] Marcelline? I know its not the female version of [name_u]Michael[/name_u] but both share similar sounds.