Christmas Baby

My friend’s baby girl is expected to be born right around [name]Christmas[/name]! I don’t think she’s going this route but just for fun I’m wondering what you think would be good names for a [name]Christmas[/name] baby.
The only ones I can think of associated with [name]Christmas[/name] are [name]Holly[/name] and [name]Natalie[/name]/[name]Natalia[/name].

[name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]

Sorry, I re-read your post after, some of my suggestions are boys names.

[name]Holly[/name], [name]Natalie[/name], [name]Christine[/name] (or form of), [name]Noel[/name], [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Merry[/name], those are fairly traditional… [name]Carol[/name], [name]Candy[/name], [name]Candace[/name]. I actually knew someone whose last name is [name]Christmas[/name], but her daughter [name]Candace[/name] has her first husband’s last name.

Let’s get edgy: Wenceslas! Too edgy? [name]Stephen[/name], Dec. 26 is [name]St[/name]. [name]Stephen[/name]'s [name]Day[/name] (the carol “Good [name]King[/name] Wenceslas” references the Feast of [name]Stephen[/name]). [name]Nicholas[/name], of course. Not edgy enough…

[name]Eve[/name], [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Christian[/name], [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Mary[/name], [name]Gaspar[/name] or [name]Melchior[/name] or [name]Balthasar[/name] (the 3 wise men), [name]Marigold[/name] (a stretch for both [name]Mary[/name] and the gift of gold), [name]Murray[/name] (for myrrh), [name]Cindy[/name] [name]Lou[/name] (the little girl in “The Grinch Who Stole [name]Christmas[/name]”), [name]Max[/name] (the dog), [name]Karen[/name] (the little girl in “Frosty the Snowman”), [name]Rudolph[/name] (I think he’d get teased and excluded unless he pulled some trick), [name]Cornelius[/name] (after Yukon [name]Cornelius[/name] from “[name]Rudolph[/name] the [name]Red[/name]-Nosed Reindeer”), Blitzen?, [name]Winter[/name] (for the solstice), [name]Clark[/name] (like [name]Dick[/name] [name]Clark[/name], New Year’s Rockin’ [name]Eve[/name] - if he’s later than Xmas), [name]Felicity[/name]/[name]Felice[/name] or actual [name]Feliz[/name] or [name]Felix[/name], [name]Navidad[/name] (I don’t think this is a name, but they might like it for cool points), [name]Beth/name, [name]Hana[/name] (sounds like Chanukah - a stretch), [name]Star[/name], Saturnalia, Eirwen (Welsh for [name]Snow[/name]), [name]Nevada[/name] (means snow-capped in Spanish), Lumi! (means snow in Finnish), [name]Oren[/name] (pine tree in Hebrew), [name]Douglas[/name] (as in [name]Douglas[/name] Fir), [name]Belle[/name], … … I guess I’m done. :slight_smile:

My first daughter was a christmas baby, we called her [name]Natalie[/name] :slight_smile:

Funny, the association seems obvious to me but you’d be surprised how few people make the connection. I suppose it’s not such a natural jump for english only speakers though.

I like [name]Natalie[/name] or [name]Noelle[/name] for christmas baby girls.

[name]Claus[/name] for a boy, [name]Claudia[/name] for a girl.

My stepsister was born on [name]Christmas[/name]- her name is [name]Nina[/name] [name]Noelle[/name].

[name]Natalie[/name], [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Hollis[/name], [name]Clara[/name] (from The Nutcracker) [name]Stella[/name] (star), [name]Eve[/name] (for [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Eve[/name]), [name]Mary[/name]…

There’s a great blog about [name]Christmas[/name] names, and the writer listed a lot of out-of-the-box ideas: https://nameberry.com/blog/2008/12/16/christmas-names-beyond-nicholas-and-noel/

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I think it sounds cute, but I would only ever use a [name]Christmas[/name] name as a middle name for a [name]Christmas[/name] baby. My birthday’s near [name]Christmas[/name] and I hate how the two sort of smoosh together in people’s minds. You get combined presents, and people have plans around [name]Christmas[/name], so you can never celebrate your birthday on the actual day (I usually do in [name]November[/name] or February). And then, as a kid, you see everyone else get their own special day later on in the year… It’s not great. I’d hate if my name also referenced [name]Christmas[/name], to be honest with you. Although, if my parents had picked the beautiful [name]Noelle[/name], I may have forgiven them! :wink:
(Come to think of it, as a [name]Gabriella[/name], I actually [name]DO[/name] have a [name]Christmas[/name] name! But I wasn’t named for that, and nobody ever makes the association, including me apparently. [name]How[/name] funny! I guess you can add [name]Gabrielle[/name] or [name]Gabriella[/name] to your list.)

I like [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Noelle[/name] as a [name]Christmas[/name] name and I would use both.

[name]Robin[/name] - Associated with winter
[name]Winter[/name]
[name]Frank[/name] - Reference to Francenscence
[name]Casper[/name] - One of the wise men I believe
[name]Balthazar[/name] - Another wise man
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] - Messenger angel
[name]Angel[/name] - Or a variation like [name]Angela[/name]/[name]Angelica[/name]/[name]Angelina[/name]
[name]Nicola[/name]/[name]Nicolette[/name] - Reference to st. [name]Nicholas[/name] maybe?
[name]Christopher[/name] - Has [name]Christ[/name] in the name and links to [name]Chris[/name] Cringle
[name]Santi[/name]/[name]Santiago[/name] - A Spanish name I believe
[name]Decimus[/name] - Like [name]December[/name]?
[name]Donna[/name] - One of the reindeer

[name]Frost[/name] or Myrrh for a boy, [name]Snow[/name] or [name]Winter[/name] or [name]Plum[/name] or Poinsettia for a girl.

I am a [name]Christmas[/name] baby and I am [name]Angela[/name] [name]Christina[/name].

I think I prefer [name]Noelle[/name] or [name]Natalie[/name] over my own name though.

As a kid, there was a show with a girl named [name]Holiday[/name] and I always thought that was a cute name for a girl born on [name]Christmas[/name].

I love your name. My brother was born on [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Day[/name], and it was a bad time to have a birthday. If I had a son or daughter born on that day, we would definitely celebrate it the day after [name]Christmas[/name], plus have a half birthday celebration on [name]June[/name] 25th.

[name]Noelle[/name] all the way!

[name]Noel[/name]/[name]Noelle[/name] is beautiful, but it actually rhymes with their last name! Hahaha.

I think the [name]Christmas[/name]-name as middle-name to avoid being cutesy is a great suggestion. I’ll pose it to her!

My daughter [name]Natalie[/name]'s birthday is Dec 22nd, and her best friend’s birthday is Dec 23rd. Her best friend’s younger sister’s birthday is on [name]Christmas[/name] day, and we have another friend with twin girls born on Dec 20th. Planning parties around this time of year is a bit troublesome for all of us as so we usually get together and end up doing something really big for all the girls including adult guests as well, the girls love it being a massive party in their honour. I have found that my daughter actually ends up with more presents, particularly from friends or relatives we normally only see around christmas time who probably wouldn’t have given her a gift had her birthday been at any other time of year. I think people always feel sorry for christmas babies so perhaps that’s why they give extra gifts. She’s never had a combined birthday / christmas gift - I think most people these days are aware that it’s pretty lame to do that! …she does get birthday stuff wrapped in christmas paper sometimes though :slight_smile:

For the friend born on [name]Christmas[/name] day her family treats the morning as [name]Christmas[/name] and from 12 noon onward as the sister’s birthday. They have christmas dinner the night before on christmas eve and have birthday dinner on the 25th.

In [name]June[/name] we do a small half birthday party for all the girls - not with presents, we just take them somewhere special or have a small get together amongst ourselves to celebrate.

…that said, we’ve all been too busy this year to get organised so the party has been postponed to [name]January[/name]!

Any of the names from nephele’s list of Festival of Lights names at the message board Talk About Names would be great for [name]Christmas[/name] babies. If the parents are Jewish, those names would celebrate Hannukah. If the parents are [name]Christian[/name], it celebrates the light and illumination of [name]Christ[/name]'s birth to the world.