Christmas Eve baby!

Delighted to announce (a little late :sweat_smile:) that our “December 14” baby made his appearance on [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] [name_f]Eve[/name_f]!
I’ve been a huge Nameberry fan for over a decade, and naming our son was so special:

[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
8lbs 5oz, 21.5 inches long
[name_m]Born[/name_m] safely at home, unmedicated and with midwife assistance, at 41 weeks and 3 days

•Peregrine means [name_u]Wanderer[/name_u] or Traveler•

•William is a name that my husband felt [name_m]God[/name_m] give him years ago, as a hopeful promise for a loving family in his future. It means Helmet of Protection, and the name has served that purpose for him•

•Benedict means Blessed•

In addition to stories we love that connect with each of the names we’ve chosen (stories of fiction, legend, history, and faith), we want our boy to know this: wherever he wanders in life, whomever he becomes during his travels, he has been wished for and loved since long before his existence. We hope for blessings along his path, and that he will be a blessing to those he encounters in his own unique way.

[name_f]My[/name_f] family has been calling him [name_u]Perry[/name_u], my husband’s family prefers [name_u]Pippin[/name_u], and my three year old nephew refuses to call him anything except fully [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]. We love our boy!

47 Likes

[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] is an awesome name!! congratulations on your little dude

[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] is one of my top boys names ever, and my combo for him is [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] “Pip”- super similar to your [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_u]William[/name_u] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], and so of course I LOVE him. What a wonderful name full of meaning and love, and I love both [name_u]Pippin[/name_u] and [name_u]Perry[/name_u] as nicknames! Huge congratulations to you and your family, and welcome to little [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]! <3

How exciting! So happy for you all :smiling_face: His name is amazing :sun_with_face::herb:

I love the story and meaning behind his name! Such a beautiful tribute. Well done and congratulations!

So so amazing, what a fabulous name!! Wishing you and your little family so much health and happiness!! :green_heart:

Congratulations!!! [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] is such a cool name and I love all of its nickname options!

1 Like

Congratulations! I adore [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u], and [name_u]Pippin[/name_u] in particular is fabulous for short. I love all the meaning behind his name.

1 Like

Hugest congratulations on your gorgeous [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] bundle :snowman_with_snow::tada:

Your boy’s name is gorgeous! Wishing you all the best with your recovery and motherhood :two_hearts:

Congratulations!! I’m sure Peregrine’s birthdays will be fun ones for years to come! <<3

Congratulations! His name is beautiful!

oh congratulations, peregrine william benedict is such a great name! i love the meaning behind it :heartbeat:

Very handsome and thoughtful name! Congratulations on the successful home birth of your healthy boy (my first was just about the same weight and length!)

[name_u]Pippin[/name_u] is so cute as well :smiling_face:

How sweet! Congratulations!

what a gorgeous story and an even more beautiful name!! congratulations on your peregrine; christmas eve is a simply magical birthday <3

Congratulations! He has a beautiful name!! :heart_eyes: