Christmas Ruined Again

I don’t know if this is the right category but I’ll leave it here for now. Last year I and my husband decided we wouldn’t do [name_f]Santa[/name_f] and presents for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] but experiences. As we all know that did not go to plan last year with Covid-19. We were planning on going to Mexico for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]. However, with the new Covid variant we don’t think it would be a wise idea to travel out of the country. Any recommendations for safe, fun, and non-present ideas.

I don’t know what kind of weather you have locally or how old your kids are, but what about a zoo membership? [name_u]Or[/name_u] look for staycation ideas?

2 Likes

I second a membership like zoo/aquarium/museum. Also maybe something like dance lessons, soccer lessons, find a pottery class cooking class, art class or whatever your kids are interested in? As a family activity if you still wanted to ‘get away’ for [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] what about booking a cabin somewhere? Going skiing or snowboarding.

1 Like

I will add the botanical gardens if you have one near you.

Often memberships come with the ability to attend events or exhibits. A great way to do something all year round just the two of you.

[name_f]My[/name_f] kids are 2 years and 3 months. We have a zoo membership but I have been looking into a YMCA membership as they have many different things but they seem to be so expensive.

We are hoping we’ll get to do swim lessons with the kids soon. I also love the idea of a cabin or airbnb.

Our family Zoo membership has been a lifesaver during the pandemic. At times, certain areas were closed or restrictions, adaptations made but it was a breath of fresh air and a safe change.