Chyler

I am expecting triplets and as I dont know the sexes, I am trying to select multiple names incase of 3 girls or 3 boys… one of the girl names I loove is Chyler, my husband is still a little iffy… but I was just wondering everyones opinion (pronounced [name]Kai[/name]-Ler)

I’m not a total fan of Chyler, as I know a few boys name [name]Kyler[/name]. I do have a friend who named her daughter [name]Kya[/name], pronounced “[name]Kai[/name]–ya”. I didn’t like it at first but now it seems a great alternative to [name]Kylee[/name] and [name]Kayla[/name], and might even be a good alternative for your girl if your husband doesn’t like Chyler.

If it’s pronounced [name]Kai[/name]-Ler, then spell it [name]Kyler[/name]. What’s the H doing there except to add confusion?

Kind of reminds me of Chrysler.

Chyler isn’t my style, but even if it were, it honestly does look like a typo, as all names with “yooneek” spellings inevitably do. :frowning: I understand you’re using Chyler [name]Leigh[/name]'s name, but whenever I see her name in print, I think I’m looking at a typo of Chrysler.

What about [name]Schuyler[/name] or [name]Skylar[/name], or simply using the name’s authentic spelling?

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I like this name and spelling. I’m not usually big on ususual spellings but this one does look quite cool. There are so many ‘K’ names out there that ‘C’ is unique. [name]Just[/name] think of [name]Cate[/name] Blanchett. I was only ever used to [name]Kate[/name] before.

I like this name but I also like it spelt Cyla. I think the ‘C’ is unique like [name]Cate[/name] Blanchett.

Thanks guys!!!
I understand everyones annoyance with its spelling, as Im iffy on it too… I juts dont like “[name]Kyler[/name]” cuz I see it as a [name]KYLE[/name] typo as “e” and “r” are rght nex to eachother on the keyboards… I feel like it looks like someone hit both buttons by accident lol…
Can anyone offer any alternative spellings??
Kailer?

Well, [name]Kyler[/name] is the authentic spelling, but one known variation is [name]Cuyler[/name]. Does [name]Cuyler[/name] appeal to you? (I just want to mention that the masculine [name]Kyler[/name]/[name]Cuyler[/name] really doesn’t work well with your daughter’s feminine name, [name]Savannah[/name].)

Best wishes! :slight_smile:

Is [name]Kyler[/name]/[name]Cuyler[/name]/Chyler better suited for a boy?
I just love, love the name and one way or another am bound to get it on one of these babies birth certificates!!!

[name]Kyler[/name] is a boys’ name, and while I think the [name]Cuyler[/name] spelling could work for a boy, the Chyler typo version will forever be associated with Chyler [name]Leigh[/name].

Perhaps [name]Kyler[/name] is a similar style to your son’s name? (I think you said you have a son…) Okay. I just checked. It’s [name]Hudson[/name]. I definitely think [name]Kyler[/name] and [name]Hudson[/name] could be brothers.

While [name]Kyler[/name] may be used on girls at times, if I were to see siblings named [name]Kyler[/name] and the feminine [name]Savannah[/name], [name]Kyler[/name] would definitely be a boy.

I think it’s definitely a feminine name, especially spelt [name]Kyla[/name].

I like the [name]Cuyler[/name] spelling. I also like [name]Kaila[/name]

Yes, I think [name]Hudson[/name] & [name]Kyler[/name] do sound wonderful together…
The more I think about it, I do agree that it sounds a little more masculine… but I still do love it for a girl.
I dont know who Chyler [name]Leigh[/name] is, but they have a wonderful name :slight_smile: haa haa

I would think, if I do decide to give my girl the name [name]Kyler[/name]/Chyler… I will have to give her a more feminine middle name, as opposed to my daughter [name]Savanna[/name], whose middle name is [name]Parker[/name].

I agree, it reminds me of Chrysler.

It looks like it’s missing letters.

Maybe [name]Skylar[/name] would be a good alternative?

It makes me think of cars and chyle. the milky stuff that comes out of the thoracic duct… sorry.

[name]Cuyler[/name] seems confusing and masculine, and Cyler looks like it should be a soft C (syler). the sounds [name]Kyler[/name] and more so [name]Kyla[/name] are pretty for a girl, could you do Caylah and get close enough? i don’t know who Chyler [name]Leigh[/name] is either, but i think too if you have a sibling named [name]Savannah[/name], that the ‘er’ ending on Chyler could sound too much like a misproununciation of an ‘ah’ ending. like it makes you want to say Chyler and Savanner. If you really prefer the Chy part, could you do Chylah or Chyla?

What about [name]Carter[/name] or [name]Callie[/name] or [name]Calla[/name]? I also prefer C names to K names for girls these days just because of overuse on the K names… Good luck to you!