Clara Virginia... or something like it

I think I am probably going to name my daughter [name]Clara[/name], now if I can just come up with a middle name. [name]Both[/name] mine and DH’s grandmothers are named [name]Virginia[/name], and we would like to honor them. I’m not that wild about [name]Clara[/name] [name]Virginia[/name], can you help me think of some variation? For some reason [name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] pops in my head. I don’t know why [name]Genevieve[/name] makes me think of [name]Virginia[/name], maybe all the V’s. By the way, my last name is [name]Owen[/name].

Well, my two favorite [name]Clara[/name] combos are [name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. I love [name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Owen[/name]! [name]Clara[/name] [name]Owen[/name] is just okay, though - BUT, perhaps my love of [name]Clara[/name] could overlook that slight flow issue!

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I love [name]Clara[/name], and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] is gorgeous!

What about another V name?

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

Or a name with a similar sound to [name]Virginia[/name]:

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Ginevra[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Ginger[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Gianna[/name]

I know what you mean about the flow of [name]Clara[/name] [name]Owen[/name], that is why we have had such a hard time deciding on a name. We also really like [name]Isabel[/name], but I am leaning away from it because it just seems so popular. I really like [name]Clara[/name], but PLEASE tell me if you think it doesn’t go with my last name.

I love [name]Clara[/name], too! But, when I say it aloud, I get a bit of a “[name]Claire[/name] uh-oh-wen.” If you always say it as [name]Clara[/name] PAUSE [name]Owen[/name], it is fine, though. Not ideal, but if you love it, then you should use it…

After saying it out loud many times, I think I will stick with [name]Clara[/name]. I just need some help with middle names. Here are my ideas, let me know what you think.

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] (DH’s preference)
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Virginia[/name] (after our grandmothers)
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Ramsey[/name] (ramsey from DH’s family)
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Nell[/name] (my grandmother’s middle name)

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Owen[/name] is lovely. It may not have the best “flow”, but it’s certainly not bad. And I love the name [name]Clara[/name]! Personally, I’m not one who cares that much about “flow”. As long as the names sound reasonably okay together, I think it’s more important to go with names that you love and/or are meaningful to you. So if [name]Virginia[/name] has the most significance to you since it’s both your and your husband’s grandmothers’ name, I’d stick with that.

I am all about honoring family for middle and/or first names so I love [name]Clara[/name] [name]Virginia[/name]. [name]Clara[/name] [name]Ginger[/name] is a lovely suggestion as well…

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] are my favorite with your last name, [name]Owen[/name], but, if you really want to honor family directly, [name]Clara[/name] [name]Virginia[/name] [name]Owen[/name] isn’t bad…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I think honoring family beats out the flow of a name every time. For me, at least one name needs to be a family name.