Clara vs Lucy

I personally think you can’t go wrong here. Both classic and lovely names, will age well as your child grows up, and neither seem “too fancy” or too common. :heart:

1 Like

FWIW I remember my daughter’s name really lost its shine at some point during pregnancy. I was second guessing too and her dad wasn’t sure. When she was born a nurse asked me “what’s her name?” And it was the only name we had agreed on so I said “Flora”. Now she’s 13 months and it’s attached to her so it’s the most beautiful name in the world. Both her dad and I get massive heart eyes whenever we hear it and couldn’t imagine her as anything else. [name_u]Trust[/name_u] the process and know she will really become the name and vice versa!!

4 Likes

Clara!!!

Agree with the above post that all of those options are fabulous. You have excellent taste and suggest not worrying about taking your husband’s worries too seriously :slight_smile: Personally I love [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], but [name_f]Clara[/name_f] sounds like the one for you. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] is beautiful.

Appreciate you all, thank you!

I love both names, but find [name_f]Clara[/name_f] especially beautiful (and she could change to [name_f]Claire[/name_f] if she wanted a nickname). [name_f]My[/name_f] daughter has a cousin named [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], and while I’ve never heard anyone call her Lucy-goosey, her dad does call her “Luce” often, and I don’t like it’s connection to loose.

I think [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] flows beautifully.
[name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Annalise[/name_f] has a nice flow to it, but I think [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] does something abrupt.

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] is sweet, as is [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Annalise[/name_f].

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] :heart_eyes:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] [name_u]Hayden[/name_u] is cute!

Possible nicknames for [name_f]Clara[/name_f]:

[name_f]Cece[/name_f]
[name_f]Kiki[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarie[/name_f]

Ooh, two of my faves! Both such gorgeous names.
Personally, I’d go with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. They sound lovely together, and then you also get the meaning “bright/clear light”.
I also love these options from your list: [name_f]Claire[/name_f] [name_f]Elise[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]. So beautiful!
(The only one I think sounds slightly awkward is [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f], because of the double “A” sound.)
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] really is a lovely, classic choice! :slight_smile:

Ugh… its stressing me out. Some people have suggested waiting to see which name she looks like but i worry i will think one name, and my husband will think the other. How does one truly look more like one name?
We’ve narrowed it down to:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f]
[name_u]Or[/name_u]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is the name for you. It seems it’s been the name you’ve loved all along, but possibly feeling the finality of the decision has you second guessing. I would consider [name_f]Clara[/name_f] “sophisticated” and that’s a very positive characteristic. To me, [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is elegant, sweet, endearing, stylish, and sophisticated.

I encourage you to take a break from considering names for the next week or so. To give yourself some time to clear your mind and then come back to it. I overthought my daughters’ names at times and would get to a point I thought the name I loved just sounded weird because I had literally obsessed over it. I said it 100x per day, wrote it over and over, thought about it constantly and then I just became annoyed by it, ha.

One of my daughters is named [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] was actually on our list as well. I would consider them similar in style. I did have some of the same concerns about [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] that you mentioned above, and if I’m honest, I still worry at times that it’s cutesy sounding. However, it fits her so perfectly. It just makes sense for her name to be [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. I’m trusting that I will feel the same as she grows as well. The amount of compliments that we receive on her name reassures me that [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is a very lovely name.

All this to say, I love [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] for you. However, you will know best if you truly love [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. I say take some time to not ponder and worry about it and then come back to the decision.

4 Likes

You say you already have personalized stuff for Clara, so I would go with Clara Ann and save Lucy for a sister :two_hearts: Hope everything goes well

2 Likes

I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] is perfect!

This! I adore [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f]. So timeless and classy

1 Like

I know you posted 10 days ago, but I just wanted to share that I have both a [name_f]Clara[/name_f] and a [name_f]Lucy[/name_f]. I love both names. (I also have 3 other children: [name_u]Max[/name_u], [name_f]Sofie[/name_f], and Heidi.) [name_f]My[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f] was born in [name_u]January[/name_u] as well, and it’s a nice winter name because of the association with the Nutcracker. The meaning (clear and bright) is also fitting for the darkest time of the year. (Then again, [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] means light so it has a similar feeling.)

Our [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] gets called [name_u]Lu[/name_u] a lot now that she’s older and was often called [name_f]Lulu[/name_f] when she was little. I don’t think anyone has called her [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] Goosey, but I also don’t think it’s terrible as a nickname. To me it sounds kind of cute and silly. I don’t associate it with being “loose” and I don’t think many other people would either.

The only nickname we really use for [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_m]Bear[/name_m].

They’re both lovely. You really can’t go wrong. I think it’s normal to second guess yourself about baby names. It’s such a big responsibility giving someone a name that they will probably use for the rest of their life!

4 Likes

@1boy5girls Your children have the best names! I love them all!

1 Like

my name is [name_f]Clara[/name_f]! I was born in [name_u]January[/name_u] too!
I’m Italian and it’s not popular at all over there, the only ones are over 60, wich was a pro for me, loved being the only [name_f]Clara[/name_f] in the school.
It is sophisticated but not in a pretentious way, people always like it very much always got compliments and I just love to say it, never wanted a nickname never got one.
I love [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] too, I don’t think it’s too childish at all but I’d stick with [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Ann[/name_f] [name_u]Hayden[/name_u]

good luck

This might be a little rogue, but I’ve never followed the advise to wait and see what the baby “looks like”. Like you say, what does that even mean?

I will join the popular opinion that you can’t miss with either of your choices. They’re both wonderful :blush:

1 Like