Clara vs. Nora

I think we have narrowed our list down to [name_f]Clara[/name_f] or [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. Middle name will probably be [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] after family members.

Which do you like?

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] would be my pick. :slight_smile:

I love, love [name_f]Nora[/name_f]/[name_f]Norah[/name_f]! [name_f]Clara[/name_f] is a pretty choice too. But I am going to be picky here with explaining my preference so take it with a grain of salt. [name_f]Clara[/name_f], albeit pretty, seems more plain and like a grandma name. It doesn’t wow me. It is also pretty similar to [name_f]Carla[/name_f], [name_f]Charisse[/name_f], [name_f]Clarissa[/name_f], [name_f]Cara[/name_f], etc. I find [name_f]Nora[/name_f] to be a lot more unique and refreshing. I can’t think of many names similar to [name_f]Nora[/name_f] at all. I also like that it is a classic, but still feels fresh. Lastly, I like that [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is multi-cultural and sounds great in many languages. You can’t go wrong with either name though. I love [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. Best of luck!

Gosh, both are so lovely! Honestly, either [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] would be a fantastic choice. I think I’m going to go with [name_f]Nora[/name_f] this time, but I could totally see myself going back and forth between them.

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] :heart:
I would normally slightly prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] to [name_f]Nora[/name_f], but with [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is so pretty. And its origins lie in the names [name_f]Honor[/name_f], and to a lesser extent, [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], which are classics in their own rights! [name_f]Nora[/name_f] sounds pretty but not frilly, it’s just great.
On that note, I think [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], nn [name_f]Nora[/name_f], would also be lovely… :slight_smile:

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is just beautiful. I can’t say I’m a fan of [name_f]Nora[/name_f]; for some reason I just can’t see it on a child, only someone elderly. That’s just a personal thing though. And [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], however popular, is a beautiful name and sounds lovely with [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

I much prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f].

Both middle names work but I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f].

[name_f]Clara[/name_f] is timeless, classic and just beautiful.
[name_f]Nora[/name_f] is also lovely, but to me it lacks [name_f]Clara[/name_f]'s elegance. [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] is great.

Well, I’m biased since [name_f]Norah[/name_f] is my daughter’s name. I actually prefer the spelling [name_f]Nora[/name_f], but my husband would only agree to it if we threw on the h so I conceded. My daughter is 8 now so we’ve had several years with her name. I still love it. More importantly, SHE loves it. And she has gotten countless compliments over the years for it. It’s classic but still underused (I know it’s gaining popularity but not enough where she’s really ran into anyone with it). She’s extremely smart and the perfect blend of tomboy and girly girl. She’s got a clever sense of humor too. Her name fits her perfectly and I already know it will age beautifully with her.

I know a little girl named [name_f]Clara[/name_f]. She’s sweet but it hasn’t made me like the name any better which normally seeing a cute little girl with names causes those names to grown on me. I don’t know why, but I’m just not thrilled with the sound of it. It reminds me of the cow character [name_f]Clarabelle[/name_f] so [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] would just exacerbate that thinking for me! I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], though.

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is gorgeous!

I prefer [name_f]Clara[/name_f] to [name_f]Nora[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Clara[/name_f] goes beautifully with both of your middle name options but in general, I prefer [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] to [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], so [name_f]Clara[/name_f] [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] gets my vote.

[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] :slight_smile: