Clara?

I would appreciate your thought for the name of our second baby girl (her older sister’s name is [name]Sofia[/name]). We are a dual nationality couple looking for a name that sounds good in English and Spanish.

We are thinking on [name]CLARA[/name] [name]AMELIA[/name]

(The middle name is a family name so we will probably not change it).

Thank you all!

Absolutely adore it!!

I really love the name [name]Clara[/name], too. :slight_smile: Good luck!

Really cute!

love the name [name]Clara[/name].

What about [name]Clara[/name] [name]Ana[/name]?

love the name [name]Clara[/name]. what about [name]Clara[/name] [name]Ana[/name]?

love the name [name]Clara[/name]. what about [name]Clara[/name] [name]Ana[/name]?

Thank you for your comments.

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Anna[/name] is very cute, but we will make [name]Amelia[/name] her middle name to honor one of her grandmothers (the one who was not honored with our firt daughter; you know, family!)

Is there anyone with reservations over the name?

Although the baby will be half hispanic because of me, I do not really want a name that is too ethnic, just nice and not too common.

[name]Do[/name] you agree that [name]Clara[/name] achieves this? (I know it is a Spanish name, but I imagine non-hispanics would also use it, right?)

Yes it is not just a Spanish name at all…it is also a classic east coast name haha. Its completely multicultural. :smiley: I think the combination of [name]Clara[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] is absolutely divine!!

[name]Clara[/name] is one of my most favorite of all names, and I think it’s very pretty with [name]Amelia[/name]! My daughter is named [name]Laura[/name] which sounds a lot like [name]Clara[/name]. [name]Laura[/name] has been a very satisfying name to say, write, whisper, and even yell all these years. Try yelling out [name]Clara[/name] like it’s time for breakfast. See how fun it is?

I love it!

I love [name]Clara[/name] - it’s in my top 5 if we have another girl!

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] flows well and is divinely feminine! I feel it meets your ‘criteria’ so to speak - it’s not ‘too spanish’ at all! It’s a top 10 name in [name]France[/name] as well, and used in many countries.

I adore [name]Clara[/name]! I have a great-aunt [name]Clara[/name] from [name]Tennessee[/name] of French and English descent so it doesn’t sound overly Spanish to me”just a a lovely name that works across many cultures :slight_smile: [name]Clara[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] is wonderful, and goes very well with your other daughter’s name.

[name]Love[/name] it! I’m named after my 100% [name]German[/name] grandmother [name]Clara[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]. I’ve always loved my name, and also love “[name]Clara[/name].”

• [name]Claire[/name] [name]Cathleen[/name]

Thank you so much for your comments. We are really enjoying reading them.

I love the name [name]Clara[/name], but I think that [name]Clara[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] sort of blends together, so it sounds like [name]Claire[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]. I wouldn’t be hesitant if [name]Claire[/name] wasn’t a name itself. It should probably be fine though.

I agree…I love both names but not together they both end in a…[name]Love[/name] [name]Claire[/name] [name]Ameilia[/name] it flows way better! My cousin has girls named [name]Ameilia[/name], [name]Claira[/name], [name]Madeline[/name]…they are so cute! [name]Ameilia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is cute to!

I love it. I wish [name]Clara[/name] was used more often!

Also, to some of the people having issues with the name endings – in countries like Spain and [name]Italy[/name], it’s actually the norm to have both names end in a. :slight_smile:

yes true, it just sounds like two names put together. I always like it when a name flows and is not competing against each other. [name]Both[/name] are beautiful stronge names on their own…just my thinking : )