Clementine- Have I the nerve to do it?

[name]Clementine[/name] is on the top of my girl name list. I have seen the name on quite a few list and was wondering if anyone had the nerve to actually use it? I think it’s an awesome name and it’s way different and I just see my daughter in pig tails in a sundress going by [name]Clem[/name].
Also on my name list are
[name]Daisy[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name]
and for a boy
jack
or
[name]Isaac[/name].

I am not afraid to take risk I have a 12 year old named [name]Japheth[/name] nn [name]Japhy[/name] although now he goes by his middle name [name]Lucas[/name] by his own choice.
I guess I was just looking for a few opinions.

I personally love the name [name]Clementine[/name], and if I were pregnant now, it would definitely be on my list. I also want to suggest the nickname “[name]Cleo[/name].”

[name]Daisy[/name]: I think that [name]Daisy[/name] is darling, but I still think of it as a nickname for [name]Margaret[/name].
[name]Violet[/name]: I love [name]Violet[/name], too!
[name]Olive[/name]: I really like [name]Olive[/name]'s quirky feel, much like [name]Ramona[/name].
[name]Scarlett[/name]: Very pretty…
and for a boy
jack: I love [name]Jack[/name], but I think that the Ja part is similar to your son’s name.
or
[name]Isaac[/name]: I really love [name]Isaac[/name]!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I personally love the [name]Clementine[/name], and I think that if you like it, you should use it! That’s my point of view.

I am sure that you are bold enough to use [name]Clementine[/name]. It has a fresh, feminine, modern vibe yet is a classic from the past. It is lovely.

You have given your son a ‘safe’ middle name and he has opted to use that so you could go down that path again.

[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] is a sweet name, and [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] is a spunky, get up and go name, it has lots of good vibes.

or if you use as a mn

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Jane[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]

For a son I would not choose a “J” name because your son has this initial unless you are madly in love with a J name eg [name]Jack[/name], [name]Jasper[/name], [name]James[/name].

[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Paul[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Philip[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Marcus[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Raymond[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]

[name]Isaac[/name] [name]Orion[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name] [name]River[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name] [name]Cooper[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name]

Thanks for the advice. I think I do have the nerve to use it. It is so classic and clean. I Like [name]Jack[/name] it’s been my boy name for a few years now. I never drew a coronation between [name]Jack[/name] and [name]Japhy[/name] although I guess I should have. I hate the fact that my son uses his “safe” middle name even though that was the intent and purpose.
my husband prefers [name]Isaac[/name] to [name]Jack[/name] but we will see. we were thinking [name]Icarus[/name] for a boy middle name. [name]Jack[/name] or [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Icarus[/name]. What do you think of that?

[name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] are good names, but they both end with a hard k sound, which makes for a very clunky pronunciation with [name]Icarus[/name]… I would choose a name with a different ending, or replace [name]Icarus[/name]… I really love [name]Icarus[/name] though, and I wish more people would use him, so I say keep him! My own combo is [name]Florean[/name] [name]Icarus[/name], but that’s not really your style ^^ Also, I have [name]Ike[/name] down as a nickname for [name]Icarus[/name], so the first thing I thought when I saw [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Icarus[/name] was “they can call him [name]Ike[/name]-[name]Ike[/name] for short!” giggles I also think both [name]Issac[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] are a bit boring alongside [name]Japheth[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name]!

And as far as [name]Clementine[/name] goes, she’s a beauty with a fantastic meaning. There’s absolutely nothing to her to say she should go unused! I say go for it!

I have just googled the name [name]ICARUS[/name] as I haven’t heard of anyone with this name.

Usage: Greek Mythology (Latinized)

Pronounced: IK-?-r?s (English) [key]
From the Greek ??? ([name]Ikaros[/name]), perhaps meaning “follower”.

In Greek myth [name]Icarus[/name] was the son of [name]Daedalus[/name], locked with his father inside the Labyrinth. They escaped from the maze using wings devised from wax but [name]Icarus[/name] flew too close to the sun and the wax melted, plunging him to his death.

Having read about his dramatic death it turns me off the name somewhat.

If you want an ‘us’ name why not go with [name]Marcus[/name] and if you happened to have twins (boy/girl) then [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Marcus[/name] will sound brilliant together.

(My daughter was relieved to find last week that she is not expecting twins so I guess I have twins on the brain!)

i love clementine. i dont see why you wouldnt name your child this!!!

I am not a fan of [name]Clementine[/name] but I dont think it is a horrible name either. [name]Just[/name] not a favorite. [name]Cleo[/name] is a cute nn for it. I dislike immensely the nn [name]Clem[/name].

[name]Daisy[/name],[name]Violet[/name], and [name]Scarlett[/name] are my favorites from your list. they are in my list of favorites as well (:
both
[name]Jack[/name] and [name]Isaac[/name] are lovely. [name]Isaac[/name] matches well with your son’s name.

I am not afraid to take risk I have a 12 year old named [name]Japheth[/name] nn [name]Japhy[/name] although now he goes by his middle name [name]Lucas[/name] by his own choice.
I guess I was just looking for a few opinions.[/quote]

i personally [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]. and if my hunsband did to it would certainly be one of my childrens names. Its such a cute darling name. [name]Clea[/name] is also an adorable nickname. Not to crazy about the nickname [name]Clem[/name], it makes me think of an old guy for some reason… but [name]Cleo[/name] is darling. [name]Olive[/name] is my second favorite from your list! It is such a adorable name! One suggestion would be [name]Ever[/name]. Cause thats a cute name too :slight_smile:

good luck:)