Clementine vs Genevieve?

@PRSing @Vespertine @acajou thank you so much for your feedback I’m glad that you guys think [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] can work despite the spelling issue. I have really focused on the spelling issue but I do just love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] especially with the nickname [name_f]Evie[/name_f]. @Vespertine glad you like [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]!

1 Like

I really like both these names. [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] sounds more country to me and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] sounds very sophisticated. Both are very sweet.

Clementine could have the nn [name_u]Lemon[/name_u] (lovely little [name_u]Lemon[/name_u]!), [name_f]Tina[/name_f], or [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] (so cute!). LOL please tell your sister to stop with the phlegmy [name_u]Clemmy[/name_u] that is terrible!

I don’t think your dad will need to spell her name much and it should be fine if he just calls her by a nn that he could spell.

I think I would choose [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] because I’m just not cool enough to name a kid [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and I also personally cannot spell it haha!

1 Like

To be honest, I think you are paying too much attention to your family! :slight_smile:

Between your cousin, your sister, and your father, it seems your favorite names are out.

Juno and [name_u]June[/name_u] are different names and have a very different vibe. If you like [name_u]June[/name_u], use it.

Your sister has an overdeveloped (and not particularly pleasant) imagination and I cannot think of anyone else on earth who would associate [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] with phlegm!

Genevieve is a commonly used and nice name. It really only matters if people can say it, which they will be able to.

So in my mind, any of them work!

1 Like

@hellobanjo with a username like hellobanjo your definitely cool enough to have a daughter called [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]! But I completely understand [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is a challenging one to spell but I’m happy that you think it would work despite the dyslexia concern. Honestly I think my sister was joking (she’s the definition of a wind up merchant) but it’s just stuck in my head. When I mentioned it again today she was like it’s a niche thing I don’t think it’ll happen laughing honestly she’s my bestie I love her but she’s so annoying!!! :joy::joy: Thank you for your feedback especially for the other nickname suggestions I love [name_u]Lemon[/name_u] :lemon:

@Harvest-Endellion thank you for your feedback I do agree I am really focused on my family’s opinions. I think because I’m doing this on my own & am relying on my family a lot for support their like my ‘partner’ so their opinion has become as important as a traditional partner‘s would be if that makes sense. Also it took sometime for my family to come round I don’t want any awkwardness surrounding the name I just want them to be on board. But I do appreciate that I am loosing my favourites as a result. Hahaha honestly my sister imagination is a lot I’m relieved you don’t think that association would actually happen! I’m happy you think all of them work :blush:

1 Like

Genevieve [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is so gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@LiliMorgana thank you!

I much prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], it is beautiful.

1 Like

@EllArePea thank you!

1 Like

I love (like LOVE) [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], but I prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] with the middles you’ve picked. If you still go for [name_f]Clementine[/name_f], I think [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Minty[/name_f] and [name_u]Lemon[/name_u] (kinda weird but I think it’s cute) all work as nicknames without being too much of a stretch.

Clementine is my partners top pick and I think I’d probably call her Lemon most of the time.

1 Like

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] sounds much more elegant, and would age much better imo!

1 Like

Both are quite beautiful names, and both strong favourites of mine, so I couldn’t possibly choose between them! To answer your question, absolutely [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] works as a [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] nn - a great choice!

I echo pps in that I wouldn’t cross off [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] on the basis of potential difficulty with spelling. Really, no matter what issues, the family will learn to spell it! [name_m]Just[/name_m] comes down to which you love and feel is right.

1 Like

Clementine is sweet, but I agree with your sister in the sense that I don’t like the nickname [name_u]Clemmy[/name_u]! [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is bright and fun - I really adore it.

However, I do prefer [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]! I think it’s so elegant and timeless, and it has so many nickname options - [name_f]Gen[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Ginny[/name_f], etc. It’s such a dreamy, romantic name to me, and feels lighter than [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. I also think it fits better with [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] if you ever had two daughters.

As for your dad, would he actually need to spell [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] on paper that often? He could always write a shortened version (e.g. [name_f]Gen[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], etc.) to make it easier!

1 Like

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], because it’s gorgeous and you love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So many lovely nickname options too!

1 Like

Oh, that’s a tough one! Hard to say but I’m going to go with [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Something about the way it flows, I guess. Both are gorgeous! I think [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] is adorable, but I’d also like to suggest [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] as a nickname.

1 Like

@ElizabethAntoinette thank you for your feedback I really appreciate it. Honestly [name_u]Lemon[/name_u] is odd but super cute! I think [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] does sound really pretty with [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

@12queen thank you for your feedback I love [name_f]Gigi[/name_f] it’s sweet!

@Araminty thank you once again for your feedback I’m glad you think [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] can work as a nickname for [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] I think it’s a stretch but could work. :purple_heart:
I appreciate that you think [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] can work despite the spelling issue.

1 Like

@tileishamaree thank you for your feedback. [name_u]Clemmy[/name_u] is an awkward nickname as my sister has pointed out. I’m glad you like [name_f]Cleo[/name_f]! [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] is a gorgeous I really do like it and I think if I was to have another daughter [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] & [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] sound pretty together :purple_heart: I think he could handle [name_f]Evie[/name_f]!

@VioletMoon thank you for the feedback!

@Megan_Noelle ah [name_f]Emmy[/name_f] is a cute nickname for [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

My daughter is 21 months and her name is [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. People love her name! We normally call her [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] as I dislike the nick name [name_f]Genny[/name_f]. Once in a while we call her [name_f]Vivi[/name_f] for short.
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f] isn’t my favorite as it just reminds me of a fruit and not an actual name for a child.

1 Like

@mrsngillilan ahhh that’s so nice to hear that you have a daughter called [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] clearly great minds think alike! It’s nice to hear you get so many compliments :purple_heart:

I understand how [name_u]June[/name_u] would feel unusable now. It must’ve been so disappointing to find out about that and to be put into that position. It’s not actually fair on you, but you’re being reasonable and gracious about it like you’ve been about the other names you’ve ruled out. It really seems like your name list is always under siege in some way or other.

I think both of these names are strong options. I haven’t seen you post much about [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]. I think it’s a niche style of name, one that tends to draw strong reactions. There’s this frivolity about her and yet she’s quite oldfangled. I agree that [name_f]Cleo[/name_f] could work as a nickname but I’d counter that it’s not intuitive and it comes across as a separate name.

Genevieve seems close to your heart. You’ve spoken of her often on this forum. She has warmth, beauty and understated elegance. It sounds like if it came down to feelings alone, she would be your preferred choice. But of course, names are a package of many factors and considerations.

I wonder if your daughter’s first initial or full initials would be a viable solution to your concerns about spelling. It could work for any name on your list. I also thought if you’re open to suggestions, would you give [name_f]Verity[/name_f] another look? I know she was on your list earlier in your pregnancy and she strikes me as the half way point between [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f].

1 Like

@kachenka thank you so much for your detailed response honestly your very kind and it’s really appreciated. Your completely right I feel like my list is always being torn apart it’s beyond frustrating but I just hope the continuous narrowing down will be helpful in the long run. I haven’t really thought about [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] until recently but I just thought it was sweet however the nicknames have kinda made me not like her as much. Whereas [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] I do love it’s just the spelling has worried me but I feel after getting the feedback I haven’t I shouldn’t really worry about the spelling. Ultimately people can learn how to spell her name or use a nickname I think maybe I’ve thought too deeply into it? I’ve added [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] back onto the list :blush::blush:
Right now I have [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] & [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] as my top three but the more I think of [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] the more I feel myself loving the name. I do like [name_f]Verity[/name_f] she’s still on my back up list but of recent the more I say/think of [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] the more I love it. I really do love [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] :purple_heart:

2 Likes